Re: Let's get started

Hi folks,

Little introduction of myself:

I'm ioseb, i've been a software engineer for over a decade now. In different times i was developing desktop, web and mobile applications as well as distributed systems of various kinds. My initial interest in REST and hypertext was mainly related to my PhD work, though i actively started applying these concepts in real applications. Time after time i contribute to WebKit and V8 JavaScript engines and work on some RFCs(only successful one for the moment is RFC6861).

What i expect from this group:

- Due to my minimal knowledge in the field of linked data i hope to learn something new
- I hope to do some valuable contributions to this group

Additionally:
> - support for binary data (this may be as simple as creating specialized
> classes)

+1

> - data validation (declarative description of the criteria for valid data,
> can be used to generate client-side and server-side validation code)

+1 except code generation.

> - "single-click actions", i.e., operations which do not require any use
> input, such as a "like". Typically, I consider such things an anti-pattern
> in terms of a RESTful architecture but sometimes they are really handy

+1 even though i was highly criticised on other mailing list for my attempt to "standardise" single-click actions[1] i'm still interested in this topic and hope to find non anti-pattern ways to use this concept .

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ioseb-dzmanashvili-action-link-relation-00

Cheers,
ioseb

--