Re: Introductions

Hi everyone,

I'm excited that this group is starting up, and to be a part of it.

I have been working in this field loosely defined for about twenty years:
first in information and referral around immigrant services at Queens
Library, then designing information systems and doing performance
measurement consulting at the Vera Institute of Justice, and most recently
at Public Health Solutions where we administer city contracts for HIV
services.

I'm also adjunct faculty at NYU's Wagner School of Public Service and I
blog at http://humanserviceinformatics.wordpress.com/

Some particular interests of mine:

   1. more precisely defining the human service sector's set of information
   management problems;
   2. applying systems thinking to help resolve the problems defined;
   3. methodologies for coordinating information management across multiple
   stakeholder groups (operations/performance measurement/evaluation,
   funders/grantees, govt/nonprofit)
   4. domain/data modeling in the service of that coordination;
   5. conceptual clarification in the service of that modeling;

Looking forward to the conversation here!

Derek

derek.coursen@nyu.edu