Re: Interest in a zoom meeting on safe AGI?

Hi Tiberius,

Here is a link to a a paper produced earlier this year about AGI.
https://www.millennium-project.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/EC-AGI-paper.pdf

There are some others here: https://www.millennium-project.org/press/

I have cc'd the Author..

Personally, I think the pursuit for AGI is somewhat different to Human
Centric AI, given that the designs do not appear to be able to work on
relatively cheap consumer electronics; at least, not yet, and that there is
a great deal of work that is needed to be done to support, what i generally
consider to be 'peace infrastructure' as to support personal ontology (the
personal semantics of a natural persons life); human agency and various
other attributes i consider to be important for human rights...  indeed,
whilst i am certainly sad that more has not been able to be done sooner,
and the economic circumstances in which work is done continues to be
difficult - there is only so much i can fund or do, without resources,

we are waiting until the ISOC Vote, to see whether the 110 chapters of ISOC
(global membership, etc) will get behind the work needed to address the
many, many challenges in these very important areas...

nonetheless; with respect to large-scale AGI, and in-turn Quantum
Artificial Super Intelligence, etc...

Whilst the designs i've been working on, for example, around supports for
languages via tools to support such things as natural language -
spatio-temporal ontologies, the view is that this should include vector
data also; but that, in the meantime...

whilst i do think AGI related works are not 'human centric ai', as much as
personal computing or interpersonal computing is not the same as
mainframes, thin-clients and enterprise (global) 'clouds'.

The topic still has great importance, particularly with respect to
alternative approaches involving wallets & Web3, etc...

Also, in what i'd consider to be 'human centered' ecosystems, that seek to
have a complete graph of a person - but moreover as a consumer, rather than
as the primary moral owner of that data-infrastructure / extension of
'self' and related considerations - such forms of systems are also impacted
by AGI policy...

Yet, the point of figuring out a new term - was because these
organisationally focused systems was the way it all worked already - so i
wanted to define nomenclature that distinguished the 'modalities' that i
sought W3C standards (ie: verifiable claims) be assured to support as
requirements;  as such, whilst it may end-up becoming one of the 'classes'
of Human Centric AI definitions (yet to be done, afaik) - the area of work
is still incredibly important; particularly as it is likely that some
people may not get to choose how ICT will define them and impact their
lives.  as systems, said to be deployed to protect human rights of
refugees, ends-up being sought to be depended upon in places where the
internet has been turned off...  or similar.

as such,

I've been working on how to define some sort of framework of ideas on how
IHL can be updated, as it seems to have been made for a time when engines
could be powered by coal gas...  which is not now.

Therein; part of the consideration is that we need to figure out how to
support humanitarian peace tech workers and work, somehow...  As is
different from the very difficult jobs undertaken by those directed by
departments of war / defence, etc..  although, most certainly linked.
Therein, I do not know how AGI would be used as a peace-infrastructure
capability at times of conflict?  seems the funding is not so much directed
towards those sorts of use-cases - perhaps - yet??  idk.  End of the day,
we still need to deliver SDGs somehow, no-matter what language is used to
do so; it'll be most important to ensure support for our humanity, and the
humanity of one-another as members of our human family....

Hope that helps?  FWIW, only my opinion, FWIW...