Re: What to do with recurrent content among pages and posts [via HTML5 Specifications Community Group]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I never got any answers to my questions on
stackoverflow, but sometimes it can be a good source.

I think it's a good idea to repeat my question, before giving an live
examle, because it's a while ago.

*The question*

I have a question. On a website that I’m building every page has a content
block with share buttons and a content block with email subscription placed
below the real text.

What HTML elements should I use for this? It is now automatically inserted
between the <main> elements, and I really wonder if it should be IN the
main element, since those blocks of content are duplicate among all pages.
But if it doesn’t belong IN the main element, what should I use in that
case?

Also can be seen here:
http://www.w3.org/community/html5spec/2013/10/15/what-to-do-with-recurrent-content-among-pages-and-posts/

*The example*

On below website I made, you can see a block of sharing buttons on the end
of the page, inside the main element. This content however is on almost
every page on the website, so I wonder if this should be in the main
element or not. You can imagine that on the same place of the sharing
buttons a lot of websites also have a block there with author information
(same on every blogpost), or a block where people can subscribe for email
etc, all recurrent content.

http://caesarsbeauty.nl/keratine-behandeling/#post-17

Kind regards,

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra