Re: The interpretation of script

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 00:16 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Liam R E Quin scripsit:
>
> > I see, thanks. I was wondering what sense it would make to have a script
> > element whose content you did not want to execute...
>> [...]

> Because the HTML <script> element is one of the few in which you can embed
> absolutely arbitrary text (other than "</script>", obviously).

Or <style> possibly.  That says why you _could_, not why you might want
to.  On the other hand, HTML is a world in which people encode data in
the pixel values of PNG images, display them on an off-screen canvas and
fetch the values, which they can then interpret as JavaScript. So maybe
there's not much point in talking about semantics of elements.

Thank you for replying.

Liam