Re: A 9th use case? Using an HTML toolchain to produce XML

> What's the use case?
Maybe you could take a look at what the various Governments are
requiring in their public sector systems for interoperability purposes.

In the UK it used to be a requirement that ALL forms output as XML
for all public sector systems (central, local gov, health and defence).
Maybe it still is, though now they seem to defer, AFAIK, to whatever
is the equivalent ruling in the interoperability framework for the EU
public sector departments. (Sir TBL would probably know the latest
thinking/ruling on this, as would anyone who has worked at high level
in UK government IT). I think other countries adopted or considered
adopting similar frameworks but I do not know if forms outputing
XML was a common requirement, especially given the HTML5 push
away from 'the feature list of XForms'. In the UK XForms was actually
listed in the e-gov interoperability framework in one of the drafts, IIRC,
but then dropped - perhaps because of a realisation there was going
to be substantial opposition - but they did keep the broader forms
requirement to output XML (again, if I remember correctly). That
might all be academic now if they have dropped their own e-GIF in
favour of the EU one (if there is one yet) but, IMO, it does indicate their
clear aspirations.

Does this qualify as a use case?

Cheers

Stephen D Green