RE: HTML/XML TF Report republished

Norm et al.

This document needs one simple change, it should be limited to HTML5. It has
been possible with oXygen to validate html5 based XML applications against a
RELAX NG XML schema. Unfortunately, I could not validate this xhtml5 page
with other namespaces imported. Modifications of the schema hopefully would
solve this and, if need be, other problems. It also should be possible to
have schemas in XSD1.1 ignore elements in an xhtml5 namespace. However since
I do not have a truly working example, it would be inappropriate to claim
that there is a solution. I believe that it would be appropriate to include
a simple disclaimer, such as:

Since to the best of our knowledge, an XHTML5 implementation based on an XML
schema has not been demonstrated as a solution to the problem of HTML/XML
interoperability, there will be no further discussion of this approach.

This would provide an opportunity for the schema tool vendors to develop a
solution, which I would like to use and believe that the vendors will be
well financially compensated for their efforts.

Yours truly,

Bob Leif

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.

rleif@rleif.com