Re: HTML5 output method

Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> writes:
> I think that both HTML elements in no namespace and in
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace should be treated by this output
> method as HTML elements. This way it would be easy to turn both existing
> HTML and XHTML producing stylesheets into HTML5 producing stylesheets.

Yes. I'm likely to have systems that depend on HTML elements being in
the XHTML namespace. It would be most convenient if an HTML5
serialization method would automatically move those elements into no
namespace. I'd like it to strip off any namespace prefixes too, if it
encountered elements that used them. And as long as SVG and MathML are
special-cased into HTML5, the serializer should clean those up as
well.

This leaves open the possibility that I'll have embedded QNames in
content that will no longer be correct, but I think that's a tradeoff
I'd be happy with.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--