W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2015

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2014-12-18: Action items, Testing TF, TF reports, and Spring F2F

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 17:52:09 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB1196F298F2E2ACC9023E64FDEA460@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
See http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
18 Dec 2014

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0014.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
paulc_, ShaneM, janina, Plh, Sam, [IPcaller], darobin, tantek
Regrets
Chair
paulc_
Scribe
plh
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   action items due today<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   testing task force<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   a11 tf report<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   media tf<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   canvas tf<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   editing tf<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Spring f2f update<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/18-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 18 December 2014

<paulc_> is aware of the MIT network issues

<paulc_> ... but I can now access the w3c.org home page which I could not do 10 mins ago

<scribe> scribe: plh

<paulc_> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0014.html
action items due today

action-249?

<trackbot> action-249 -- Robin Berjon to Triage new whatwg updates, html bugs, landscape document in order to list priority content for modules -- due 2014-11-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/249

Paul: Robin met with the chairs and provided an update in the action
... early january is more likely

action-251?

<trackbot> action-251 -- Sam Ruby to Contact public identifiers and form http extension proponents to ask what they plan to do w/ the specs -- due 2014-11-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/251

Paul: sam contacted the authors
... last update was a week ago
... anything left to do?

sam: I did what was asked but further tasks need to be done

close action-251

<trackbot> Closed action-251.

action-252?

<trackbot> action-252 -- Sam Ruby to - contact polyglot proponents to ask what they plan to do w/ the spec -- due 2014-11-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/252

Sam: I like to declare defeat on that one

Paul: declined the IE invitation
... we'll take this back in early January

action-254?

<trackbot> action-254 -- Robin Berjon to Triage and prioritise DOM bugs based on incompatible tests (+XMLDocument#load) -- due 2014-12-19 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/254

Robin: still on it and still plan to finish this year

paul: are you going to send a summary to the group?

robin: it's a mixed
... some test fixes, bugs against the spec, etc.
... so we'll have to see if further subsetting is needed
testing task force

<paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Dec/0025.html

Paul: team and chairs discussed and we sent out an email that the tf was dissolved
... did its job 5 years ago but email went dead in 2014
... and doing testing has chaanged
... some +1 were received
a11 tf report

Janina: looking at the future
... to improve accesskey
... we may have common requirements with the annotation folks when pointing to elements in the page
... possibility a common requirement

paul: main thing is work on access key and making it a module. he'll contact Robin for that
... to follow the new methodology from Robin

Robin: sure

Janina: question from media subteam
... got late comments from bbc on the media requirements
... we probably ask the tf if it's ok to publish as Note
... is it something we should ask the wider group?

paul: you're always welcome to ask for the wider review

<Zakim> tantek, you wanted to point out nav-index and previous key-equivalent CSS properties, as well as directional navigation

Tantek: since you're looking at accesskey (great news!), we have related work in css3 UI
... so see if there are materials there

<tantek> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#nav-index

Tantek: we have the nav-index property
... and related directional-navigation property

<tantek> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-ui/#nav-dir

Tantek: it's in css because it alters the display order
... any kind of arrow key focus needs to be aligned with the display order
... accesskey, we did try to develop an equivalent in the past
... but had a lot of issues
... so we postponed it
... it was an attempt to upgrade accesskey to work new devices and physical access

<tantek> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-ui-20030703/#key-equivalent

Tantek: it was dropped in the past
... so feel free to look into those materials

Janina: thanks. we also tried in PF and failed
... keyboard isn't enough
... touch and voice need to be accommodated
... maybe we need user defined
... and would need to go back to the use cases
... user defined target?

Tantek: would nice to have the author make its targets accessible through different means
... but don't know where to start
... so +1 for your work

<Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to mention text alternatives tentative schedule

Shane: text alt document schedule
... we welcome bugs until january 9 and have updated draft by end of january
media tf

<paulc_> Media TF continues to meet weekly. A few MSE implementation bugs including the HTTPS question discussed at TPAC are still open. Some progress on MSE CR testing by Cyril. About 24 EME bugs. Next meeting is Tue Jan 6 (MSE) and then Jan 13 (EME).

Paul: EME bugs are down 30% from TPAC
... HTTPS is blocking a third of the remaining bugs
... so slow and steady progress
canvas tf

Sam: all bugs have been fixed

<rubys1> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2014OctDec/0051.html

Sam: so should be able to go back to CR
... testing is stalled
... consensus is to keep the 2005 process

paul: beyond the 2 bugs, there were additional ones

<paulc_> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=CR%20HTML%20Canvas%202D%20Context&list_id=49384&product=HTML%20WG&query_format=advanced

paul: a search for bugs in canvas cr and I get two hits
... not sure if they're new or not

sam: we'll go back to LC
editing tf

<paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-editing-tf/

Robin: editing tf has been very active
... looking at various aspects of the whole editing space pb
... contentEditable is broken and unsuable
... idea is to expose the functionatilities of contentEditable in more useful ways
... looked at libraries
... ck, aloha, etc.
... tf has been hashing a number of solutions
... intention event to convey the action of the user
... bolding, etc.
... some basic functions for selection
... all browser do that but no alignment

<scribe> ... new values for the content attribute

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: we're near the top to be able to show things to the broader group
... hope to get discussion in early january

<darobin> https://github.com/w3c/editing-explainer

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: feel free to look at the documents

Paul: it's *really* active

Robin: yes indeed

<darobin> actually this is an easier source: http://w3c.github.io/editing-explainer/
Spring f2f update

<paulc_> Possible meeting at MIT Jun 9-12 in a room in classroom style

<paulc_> plh: Currently working on determining conflicts
Next meeting

Paul: January 8
... not sure who will chair
... any volunteer to scribe?
... Happy holidays to all
... safe travel

<paulc_> Happy holidays

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.140 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2014-12-18 17:32:05 $
________________________________

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Wednesday, 7 January 2015 17:52:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:13 UTC