W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2014

{Minutes} HTML WG telecon 2014-12-11

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:26:00 -0600
Message-ID: <CAOk_reGOf=FS2Kiw32tFi7TCVf57v0z7SEA7=SOad-sYd7GbPQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: HTML <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
The draft working group meeting minutes can be found at
http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html

[image: W3C] <http://www.w3.org/>
- DRAFT -HTML Weekly Teleconference11 Dec 2014

Agenda
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0012.html>

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-irc>
Attendees
PresentShaneM, Sam, LJWatson, paulc_, PlhRegretsChairrubysScribeShaneM
Contents

   - Topics <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. Action Items
      <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
      2. Other Business
      <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
      3. Scribe for next week
      <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
   - Summary of Action Items
   <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 11 December 2014

<paulc_> Agenda:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0012.html

<scribe> scribenick: ShaneM
Action Items

ACTION-249

<trackbot> ACTION-249 -- Robin Berjon to Triage new whatwg updates, html
bugs, landscape document in order to list priority content for modules --
due 2014-11-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/249

Overdue - no updates yet.

ACTION-251

<trackbot> ACTION-251 -- Sam Ruby to Contact public identifiers and form
http extension proponents to ask what they plan to do w/ the specs -- due
2014-11-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/251

The owners have both responded. Public Identifiers will be published as a
note.

Form HTTP extensions will prepped for CR.

ACTION-252

<trackbot> ACTION-252 -- Sam Ruby to - contact polyglot proponents to ask
what they plan to do w/ the spec -- due 2014-11-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/252

Incomplete - trying but no success yet.

If nothing happens sometime next year we will make plans.

ACTION-253

<trackbot> ACTION-253 -- Robin Berjon to File bugs on implementors re: html
json form submission -- due 2014-11-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/253

Overdue and no update

ACTION-254

<trackbot> ACTION-254 -- Robin Berjon to Triage and prioritise DOM bugs
based on incompatible tests (+XMLDocument#load) -- due 2014-11-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/254

Some work has been done but nothing has been noted.
Other Business

HTML5 differences from HTML4 was published

http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-html5-diff-20141209/

PLH unblocked this

WebApps published URL

http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-url-1-20141209/

This effected HTML5 going to REC.

Spring F2F

plh: no news yet. should have had an answer by today (Europe time). But
contact at MIT has been sick so we don't have that data yet.

paulc: Do we need a Plan C yet?

plh: Not until after Monday.

<plh> http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Publications

plh: I updated the dashboard recently with some additional documents.
... note that this is a wiki and anyone can do this!

paulc: Did you change the schedule for HTML 5.1?

plh: No. I did not touch that line.

paulc: It says last call 2Q2015.

plh: If that doesn't match the charter... but it was populated after the
F2F in April 2014.
... the timeline back tracks from Robin proposing that 5.1 publishes before
the end of 2015.

rubys: The charter says end of 2016 for 5.1.

plh: I think we had in mind that 5.1 would be a bigger release.
... Robin had proposed that we do a smaller release in 2015, and another in
2016.

Charter ends in 2Q2015 so in 1Q2015 we need to straighten this out.

plh: Yes - that needs to happen.

paulc: Note that Using WAI-ARIA in HTML has old status in the wiki

plh: good catch.

paulc: Is the canvas task force meeting this week?

rubys: Yes

<rubys>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2014OctDec/0050.html

<plh>
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=LC1%20alt%20techniques%20%28editor%3A%20Steven%20Faulkner%29&list_id=48977&order=Importance&product=HTML%20WG&query_format=advanced

ShaneM: where should we record alt techniques bugs?

paulc: No reason to not continue to use the current LC1_alt_techniques
component.

[live editing of wiki]
Scribe for next week

plh: volunteered
Summary of Action Items[End of minutes]
------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version
1.140 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2014-12-11 17:23:56 $
------------------------------
Scribe.perl diagnostic output[Delete this section before finalizing the
minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Do/rubys: Do/
Succeeded: s/rubys: Do/paulc: Do/
Found ScribeNick: ShaneM
Inferring Scribes: ShaneM
Default Present: ShaneM, Sam, LJWatson, paulc_, Plh
Present: ShaneM Sam LJWatson paulc_ Plh
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0012.html
Found Date: 11 Dec 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/12/11-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items:


[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic
output]

-- 
Shane McCarron
Managing Director, Applied Testing and Technology, Inc.
Received on Thursday, 11 December 2014 17:26:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:13 UTC