W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2014

Re: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2014-10-09: DOM4 CfC, TF Reports, doc status, F2F plans

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:43:27 -0400
Message-ID: <BLU436-SMTP7499F44F2E451702AA044FFEA00@phx.gbl>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
late regrets...

Cheers,

David MacDonald



*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100>

www.Can-Adapt.com



*  Adapting the web to all users*
*            Including those with disabilities*

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy
<http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html>

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

> Draft minutes are available at:
> http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-html-wg-minutes.html
>
> A text version is below.
>
>
> W3C
> - DRAFT -
>
> HTML Weekly Teleconference
>
> 09 Oct 2014
>
> Agenda
>
> See also: IRC log
>
> Attendees
>
> Present
> janina, Sam, Plh, ShaneM, paulc_, gregDavis
> Regrets
> Chair
> paulc_
> Scribe
> ShaneM
> Contents
>
> Topics
> Action items due today
> Items closing this week
> New Calls this week
> Draft [URL] reference update to informative text
> Task Force Reports
> Accessibility Task Force Report
> Media Task Force
> Canvas Task Force
> Any other business
> HTML WG F2F and TPAC, Oct 30-31
> Scribe for next meeting
> Summary of Action Items
> <trackbot> Date: 09 October 2014
> <paulc_> trackbot, start meeting
> <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
> <trackbot> Date: 09 October 2014
> <scribe> Scribe: ShaneM
> <paulc_> Agenda:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2014OctDec/0001.html
> <paulc_> Scribenick: ShaneM
> Action items due today
>
> none
>
> Items closing this week
>
> none
>
> New Calls this week
>
> a) CfC: Request transition of DOM4 to Proposed Recommendation
>
> <paulc_>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2014Oct/0013.html
> <paulc_> See also:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2014Oct/0000.html
> plh: Boris noted that some of the statements in the spec dont match
> reality. Flagged two.
> ... should probably do a deeper analysis of the tests that are failing on
> all the implementations.
> ... the first one he caught is a clear item where the spec needs to change.
> ... 103 tests are failing. Mostly related to WebIDL. Are going to need
> time for further investigation.
>
> PC: Has a bug been filed?
>
> PLH: I don't know - Robin has been working on it.
>
> PC: When we get to the end of the CfC we are going to need that data to
> report back to the group.
>
> Draft [URL] reference update to informative text
>
> <paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2014Oct/0002.html
> A few responses. Caused a couple of changes to the proposed text.
>
> <paulc_> Proposed text is at: http://dev.w3.org/html5/2014/10/url-ref.html
> Task Force Reports
>
> Accessibility Task Force Report
>
> janina: There is a draft longdesc decision floating around W3M.
> ... once that is out we will be able to decide how to unblock the alt note.
> ... there was a long discussion about it in the A11Y Task Force meeting
> today. See the minutes for details.
> ... Basically there are changes needed whichever way the decision goes.
> There will be bugs filed against the alt document once the longdesc
> decision is ready.
> ... lots of A11Y discussions at TPAC. See the minutes for details.
>
> Media Task Force
>
> <paulc_> Media TF minutes:
> http://www.w3.org/2014/10/07-html-media-minutes.html
> Spent 90% of the time processing EME bugs.
>
> <paulc_> http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo for open EME bugs
> There are about 19 or 20 bugs.
>
> There are 3 or 4 significant areas that are blocking the rest of the
> issues.
>
> <paulc_> Media TF has asked for Fri morning at the TPAC F2F meeting
> scribe: converting the spec to ReSpec format.
>
> Canvas Task Force
>
> <rubys>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2014JulSep/0039.html
> <rubys> https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Canvas_Task_Force/CR-Test
> <rubys>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2014OctDec/0010.html
> rubys: test results. plan is to have all the tests run at least once by
> tomorrow. Not a lot of progress so far so it is possible that date will be
> missed.
> ... next meeting is tomorrow. Anyone interested should join!
>
> Any other business
>
> a) Longdesc CR
>
> <paulc_> See http://www.w3.org/2014/09/18-html-a11y-minutes.html#item03
> janina: heard that there may be a decision forthcoming.
> ... implementation report ready. PR version of the spec is ready. If the
> decision goes in favor of the spec, we are ready to put out the CfC request
> to proceed to PR.
>
> b) Text alternatives
>
> <paulc_>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2014Oct/0015.html
> This is effectively blocked until the longdesc decision is complete.
> Whichever way the decision goes some tweak will be needed.
>
> <SteveF> am here to respond to any questions on alt doc
> <paulc_> FTR see the A11Y TF discussions today on text alternatives:
> http://www.w3.org/2014/10/09-html-a11y-minutes.html
> <paulc_> SteveF: get in touch with me if you want re text alternatives
> status
> <janina> The Proposed Recommendation (PR) draft is available at:
> <janina> http://www.w3.org/2014/09/04-PR-html-longdesc/
> <janina> Our Implementation Report for this specification showing that it
> meets
> <janina> W3C recommendation requirements is available at:
> <janina> http://w3c.github.io/test-results/html-longdesc/cr-report.html
> HTML WG F2F and TPAC, Oct 30-31
>
> <paulc_> https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2014-10-Agenda
> <paulc_> See https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2014-10-Agenda#Day_1
> Agenda is getting locked down because of required time coordination with
> other groups.
>
> <SteveF> paulc_: will do, would like to point out a number of incorrect
> statements made in todays taskforce meet
> scribe: try to do the A11Y stuff on Thursday morning.
> ... Joint session with dPub, CSS, A11Y and HTML on thursday afternoon.
> ... Media TF has asked for a slot Friday morning.
>
> janina: not aware that CSS is going to be part of that meeting. They are
> sending some people, not the whole group.
>
> Scribe for next meeting
>
> Next meeting is 16 October. Sam will chair.
>
> Adjourned.
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
Received on Thursday, 9 October 2014 18:43:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:13 UTC