W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-09-12: Publications, task force reports and F2F registration

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:36:32 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <94df3ec2227f4688b60a32a21fd488d0@BY2PR03MB270.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
HTML Weekly Teleconference
12 August 2013

Minutes ->   http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-html-wg-minutes.html
IRC          ->   http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-html-wg-irc

[09:01] <paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JulSep/0023.html
[09:03] <krisk> Chair: PaulC
[09:03] <krisk> scribe: krisk

[09:05] <krisk> TOPIC: ACTION items due by Thursday, September 5
[09:06] <krisk> none

[09:06] <krisk> TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
[09:06] <krisk> none

[09:06] <krisk> TOPIC: Decisions this week
[09:06] <krisk> none

[09:06] <krisk> TOPIC: Outstanding closed CfCs
[09:06] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: CfC: Approve overview of Canvas testing in view of permissive CR exit criteria, closed Sept 4
[09:07] <krisk> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0032.html
[09:07] <krisk> paulc: note that we have two of them and the closed Sept 4th
[09:07] <krisk> paulc: co-chairs needs to meet and discuss both of these two outstanding items
[09:08] <krisk> Item #1 Extension
[09:08] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0043.html
[09:08] <krisk> http://www.w3.org/2013/08/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item06
[09:08] <krisk> Item #2 Update
[09:08] <krisk> CfC: Approve overview of testing in view of permissive CR exit, closed Sep 4
[09:08] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jun/0033.html
[09:09] <krisk> Extension:
[09:09] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0042.html
[09:09] <krisk> http://www.w3.org/2013/08/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item06

[09:09] <krisk> TOPIC: Last Call and heartbeat publications
[09:09] <paulc> WG Decisions on both of these CfCs are pending.  In the Chairs input queue.
[09:09] <paulc> We are still waiting on EME and Polyglot Candidate heartbeat Working Drafts from the respective Editors.
[09:09] <krisk> paulc: the first is for EME and the next is Polyglot
[09:09] <krisk> EME and Polyglot: We are still waiting on EME and Polyglot Candidate heartbeat Working Drafts from the respective Editors.
[09:10] <krisk> For EME the editor has been family illness and has been out of the office
[09:10] <krisk> For polygot the editor has asked the co-chairs some questions
[09:10] <krisk> paulc: for polygot we have zero bugs
[09:11] <rubys> ack next
[09:11] <paulc> Polyglot bugs are at zero: http://intertwingly.net/tmp/wgtrends.cgi#html-xhtml-compatibility-authoring-guide
[09:12] <krisk> Eliot: The editors are working to compete this and get a candidate working draft and publish this as a heardbeat
[09:12] <krisk> paulc: One the document has been published the co-chairs will start to bring the question to the working group on normativity of the document
[09:13] <krisk> Next Still waiting for feedback from PF re: WAI-ARIA in HTML:
[09:13] <krisk> paulc: This document was almost published but it was blocked because we are waiting for concensus from PF
[09:13] <krisk> http://www.w3.org/2013/09/05-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02
[09:14] <krisk> paulc: Let me help here
[09:14] <krisk> paulc: see the minutes from last week (just above)
[09:14] <paulc> http://www.w3.org/TR/aria-in-html/
[09:15] <paulc> What was published this week is: http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aapi/
[09:15] <paulc> Title: HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide
[09:16] <krisk> paulc: The task force needs to take note of publications
[09:17] <paulc> See bug on status section on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23209
[09:19] <paulc> PF WG will run a CfC to permi the publication of Using ARIA
[09:19] <krisk> janina: I'm sorry and we'll get this done so that PF can permit publication using ARIA
[09:19] <krisk> Next Last Call WD: Media Source Extensions published on Sep 5
[09:19] <krisk> see http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9930 
[09:19] <krisk> paulc: Has the accessibility task force looked into MSE?
[09:20] <krisk> janina: Yes we are aware of this and are tracking this work
[09:20] <paulc> Heartbeat WD: HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide published on Sep 10
[09:21] <krisk> The next agenda item was discussed above 
[09:21] <paulc> See above discussion.

[09:24] <krisk> TOPIC: Task Force Reports
[09:24] <krisk> SUBTOPIC:
[09:24] <krisk> We met on #testing this week as planned
[09:25] <krisk> The discussion was really about TPAC and who is planning on attending
[09:25] <krisk> A TTWF event will be occuring at this time and they are looking for some people to potentially give a talk and/or help
[09:25] <krisk> Ideally the person can give a talk in Chinese
[09:26] <paulc> TTWF is on Sat before TPAC week in Shenzen
[09:26] <krisk> James Graham will be attending
[09:26] <paulc> TTWF: http://testthewebforward.org/#
[09:27] <krisk> paulc: The chairs may be asking about how the TTF can help with the Canvas Document
[09:27] <krisk> krisk: OK
[09:28] <krisk> paulc: We suspect is that we have areas of the spec that are at RISK and the features are accessibility related
[09:28] <krisk> janina: I believe we are OK
[09:29] <krisk> paulc: The spec could move forward by removing the at risk features
[09:30] <krisk> paulc: The process would be to delete from 5.0 and then added to 5.1 
[09:31] <krisk> paulc: Leaving them in 5.1 (v2) would allow implementation time
[09:31] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: Accessibility Task Force
[09:31] <krisk> paulc: any items to add?
[09:32] <krisk> janina: Testing has started (not complete) for implementations
[09:32] <krisk> janina: We are working on how to publish/process comments we have recieved
[09:33] <krisk> janina: We have a few bugs on 'alt' in html 5.0
[09:33] <krisk> janina: we think we can be done with 'alt' bugs in weeks (not months)
[09:33] <krisk> paulc: Their are zero bugs on image description?
[09:33] <krisk> janina: We are handling them in tracker and not bugzilla
[09:34] <krisk> paulc: We need to have them in bugzilla and I though this was agreed upon last week
[09:34] <krisk> paulc: Can you give me a link?
[09:35] <krisk> janina: I'll need some more time
[09:35] <paulc> May be member-only: https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/44061/WD-html-longdesc-20130716/
[09:35] <krisk> paulc: I found the link - though it's member only which should not be the case
[09:36] <krisk> krisk: I also get prompted
[09:36] <krisk> paulc: Looks like we have 3 comments?
[09:36] <krisk> janina: We have 5 actually
[09:37] <krisk> SUBTOPIC: Media Task Force 
[09:37] <krisk> The TF has worked on EME during the last month
[09:37] <krisk> paulc: we have not made alot of progress on bugs
[09:38] <krisk> paulc: one of the editors have been out of the office, though we are looking to publish a heartbeat next week
[09:39] <krisk> paulc: We do have some last call MSE bugs which means we'll go back to work on the MSE spec 
[09:39] <krisk> ..once these are done we'll work on the EME spec
[09:39] <paulc> EME status: http://intertwingly.net/tmp/wgtrends.cgi#encrypted-media-extensions
[09:39] <krisk> paulc: any questions for the task forces?
[09:39] <krisk> paulc: none

[09:40] <krisk> TOPIC: Registration for F2F meeting, Shenzen, Nov 14-15 
[09:40] <krisk> http://www.w3.org/2013/11/TPAC/ 
[09:40] <krisk> HTML WG meets on Thurs/Friday
[09:40] <krisk> paulc: 33 people have registers with about 40 observers
[09:40] <krisk> paulc: Registration ends on Oct 18th
[09:41] <plh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2013Sep/0004.html
[09:41] <krisk> plh: The web performance group wants to meet at the event (one hour?)
[09:41] <paulc> Wiki agenda page: http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-11-Agenda
[09:42] <krisk> paulc: please add this the wiki (other agenda items as well)
[09:42] <krisk> paulc: what is the specific topic?
[09:42] <paulc> timing: 02:30 PM - 04:00 PM:    HTML5 Working Group visit
[09:42] <krisk> plh: Resource priority and pre-rendering
[09:42] <paulc> on thursday Nov 14
[09:42] <krisk> plh: What parts should be in HTML vs the web performance wg
[09:43] <krisk> paulc: It sounds like an extension spec?
[09:43] <krisk> paulc: why would it not just be in their spec?
[09:43] <krisk> plh: Some people think the extension would be better in the HTML spec
[09:43] <krisk> paulc: Is this a quality of the spec issue?
[09:44] <rubys> q+
[09:44] <paulc> ack plh
[09:44] <paulc> ack rubys
[09:44] <krisk> plh: We want to first talk about the attributes and then figure where they are best to be located
[09:45] <krisk> rubys: We have tried really hard to make sure that attributes that are not in HTML are not second class citizens
[09:45] <krisk> paulc: should a co-chair attend a web perf meeting?
[09:46] <krisk> paulc: Please tell web perf to discuss this friday morning - ok?
[09:46] <krisk> plh: sure
[09:47] <krisk> paulc: Many people may needs a visa and the registration page information about getting a 'invitation letter'
[09:48] <krisk> paulc: We were holding off on publish until the recent meeting in France
[09:49] <krisk> paulc: so we should process the bugs and work on publishing the document
[09:49] <paulc> Adaptive image spec bugs: http://intertwingly.net/tmp/wgtrends.cgi#adaptive-image-element
[09:50] <krisk> paulc: plh it seems we need to have an agenda item to discuss this two features
[09:50] <krisk> paulc: any other items to discuss?
[09:50] <krisk> paulc: none
[09:50] <krisk> paulc: I can c-chair next week
[09:50] <krisk> krisk I can scribe
[09:51] <krisk> paulc: meeting adjourned

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:02 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2013-09-12: Publications, task force reports and F2F registration
  

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on 2013-09-12 for up to 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
 
http://timeanddate.com/s/2ex7
 
Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
 
Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Kris Krueger
 
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
 
== Agenda ==
 
1. ACTION items due by Thursday, September 5
None
 
2. Items Closing This Week
None.
 
3. Decisions this week
None
    
4. Outstanding closed CfCs
 
a) CfC: Approve overview of Canvas testing in view of permissive CR exit criteria, closed Sept 4
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0032.html
Extension:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0043.html
http://www.w3.org/2013/08/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item06
Update:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Sep/0006.html
 
b) CfC: Approve overview of testing in view of permissive CR exit, closed Sep 4
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jun/0033.html
Extension:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jul/0042.html
http://www.w3.org/2013/08/15-html-wg-minutes.html#item06
 
5. Last Call and heartbeat publications
 
a) EME and Polyglot: We are still waiting on EME and Polyglot Candidate heartbeat Working Drafts from the respective Editors.
    
b) Still waiting for feedback from PF re: WAI-ARIA in HTML:
http://www.w3.org/2013/09/05-html-a11y-minutes.html#item02
 
c) Last Call WD: Media Source Extensions published on Sep 5
http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9930 
 
d) Heartbeat WD: HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation Guide published on Sep 10
http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9937 
 
6. Task Force Reports
 
a) Testing Task Force
 
b) Accessibility Task Force
 
c) Media Task Force 
 
7. Registration for F2F meeting, Shenzen, Nov 14-15 
http://www.w3.org/2013/11/TPAC/ 
Status:  So far 33 WG members have registered.  Registration closes on Oct 18.
 
8. Other Business
 
9. Scribe for next meeting
 
10. Adjournment
 
== Dial-in and IRC Details ==
 
Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)
 
Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
 
Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
 
     
Received on Thursday, 19 September 2013 15:37:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC