W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-03-28: task force reports, etc

From: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 15:54:38 +0000
To: "'public-html-wg-announce@w3.org'" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AEF5B8B8032D7D4C91F524BA340924E103384C@TK5EX14MBXC291.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
HTML Weekly Teleconference
28 March 2013

Minutes	-> http://www.w3.org/2013/03/28-html-wg-minutes.html
IRC 		-> http://www.w3.org/2013/03/28-html-wg-irc

Face to Face meeting in April
<mjs> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
mjs: Please do register if you plan on attending
... Reminder - register: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
... Meetings have been productive, so please attend if you can make the F2F meeting
paulc: April 5th is the end of the registration
mjs: any other questions or comments?

Testing Task Force
krisk: we met as planned on the 3/26
Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2013Mar/0020.html
We have started to classify all the sections in the specification
such that we can identify sections that have no tests and have normative requirements
This should help people focus on what areas in the spec need tests
We'll document this on the Wiki as well
* OK I'm ready for next subtopic

Accessibility Task Force
mjs: anyone avaible to report?
<Steve> I am around on IRC
paulc: The meeting normally occurs today (right before this meeting) and was canceled due to travel and upcoming Holiday
mjs: steve feel free to add comments via IRC
<paulc> EME has 39 bugs outstanding. EME met on Tue and discussed outstanding bugs.

Media Task Force
<Steve> mjs: i actually have little to say, have been out sick all week
<paulc> MSE bug count is much lower and we expect to publish a WD very soon.
paulc: I have an outstanding working to complete the 15 bugs filed on the EME spec
mjs: any other comments or questions for the task force reports?
... I head none

Other Business
mjs: We have none in the agenda, though does anyone have any items they would like to discuss?
plh: What is the status with the Microdata spec?
<Steve> mjs: status of hgroup
<Steve> in HTML5 CR
paulc: The CR transition discovered that a section was missing and no one noticed
<rubys> section that was dropped: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-microdata-20120329/#other-changes-to-html5
paulc: robin was looking for when and why this was removed
... the editors are discussing how to fix this missing section and the chairs have asked to bring this to the working group
... sam do you have any more comments?
rubys: nope, please see the link
mjs: Steve would you like to comment on hgroup?
steve: I just wanted to know the status?
... I had asked this to be removed in Mid-March
mjs: I don't believe anyone has objected and we don't have any tests or implementaions
plh: do we need a CFC for this?
<mjs> This is the process: http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v3.html#cr-remove-early
<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2012Dec/0073.html
paulc: We did have a time frame and this ended in Mid-March
... I believe we have given people time to object and now the chairs can decide to do the removal
... Thanks for the reminder
steve: I would hope we have a discussion on what changes could be made to hgroup for the 5.1 spec
mjs: Any other items to discuss?
... I hear none

Scribe for next meeting
<paulc> Paul will be chairing next week.
mjs: we need one for next week, if you can help please do so
Received on Thursday, 4 April 2013 15:55:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 15:50:10 UTC