Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-12-13 - Actions, Document Status, CFCs for features?

Hi all,

note: in regards to the following extension specs:

The subline element
 The outlinemask attribute

I will not be pursuing them at this time, as the concept of a specific
feature to mark up subtitles does not appear to have broad support. i.e.
just as <hgroup> doesn't meet the high bar required to add a feature to
HTML, I don't consider the use cases for any feature to identify subtitles
is strong enough. I will instead be developing an extension that removes
hgroup and instead provides markup advice using current elements to mark up
subtitles etc. This advice will be slated to be ncluded in the section of
the spec under common idioms...

regards
SteveF

<http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html>