W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-11-29 - Actions, Document Status, Task Force reports, Mailing list

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:36:16 -0800
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <83F37C1A4497B54589EAEDC750D03A941E849FD9A3@nambx09.corp.adobe.com>
Available at:
                http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html


                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

29 Nov 2012

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/29-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Sam, +1.206.850.aaaa, cabanier, paulc, [Microsoft],
          jaymunro, edoyle, christian, +1.613.287.aabb,
          MartinSoukup, Plh, +1.415.595.aacc, adrianba, hober,
          Cynthia_Shelly

   Regrets
   Chair
          rubys

   Scribe
          cabanier

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]ACTION items due by Thursday, November 29
         2. [5]a) ACTION-223: Figure out how extension specs can
            refer to HTML 5.1
         3. [6]2. Document status
         4. [7]a) HTML5 - Transition request sent
         5. [8]b) HTML Canvas 2D - transition request sent
         6. [9]HTML Microdata - Call for Rationale Statements
         7. [10]Polyglot - need exit criteria and resolve
            normative status
         8. [11]Alt Techniques - need exit criteria and resolve
            normative status
         9. [12]Main Element - FPWD approved
        10. [13]ARIA in HTML - awaiting input from A11y TF
        11. [14]Task Force Reports
        12. [15]testing Task Force
        13. [16]Accessibility Task Force
        14. [17]Media Task Force
        15. [18]Other Business
        16. [19]Administrative mailing list nearly set up
        17. [20]scribe for next meeting
     * [21]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 29 November 2012

   <scribe> scribenick: cabanier

ACTION items due by Thursday, November 29

a) ACTION-223: Figure out how extension specs can refer to HTML 5.1

   paulc: I only saw this item this morning.
   ... can I look at tit for next week?

   rubys: is that OK for everyone?

   <rubys> action 223 is due in one week

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find 223. You can review and
   register nicknames at
   <[22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users>.

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/users%3E.

2. Document status

a) HTML5 - Transition request sent

   rubys: we got consensus to proceed to CR
   ... I think we will have decision by a week
   ... awaiting decision from the director
   ... any comments?

b) HTML Canvas 2D - transition request sent

   rubys: we also had no formal objections and got consensus to go
   to CR
   ... and a request to shorten the CR period
   ... we will also have a decision on this by next week

HTML Microdata - Call for Rationale Statements

   rubys: we have rationale why it should be a note
   ... ...but we have a response from the editor that it should be a
   REC

   <rubys>
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/022
   7.html

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0227.html

   rubys: ... we have 2 things that could serve as rationales
   ... ... I would like to give people the opportunity to improve
   the rationale or ask for a longer time

Polyglot - need exit criteria and resolve normative status

   rubys: we have 2 things: define exit criteria and resolve
   normative status
   ... ... we have a rationale why it should be a note and not a rec
   ... we had a volunteer at TPAC but we haven't heard anything
   since

   adrianba: I will volunteer to have the rationale posted why it
   should be a rec
   ... can I have a week to have that ready?

   rubys: yes
   ... OK. any more questions on polyglot

Alt Techniques - need exit criteria and resolve normative status

   rubys: same as polyglot.
   ... ... we need exit criteria and have rationales.
   ... ...we can proceed to a survey

Main Element - FPWD approved

   rubys: we have approval for FPWD

ARIA in HTML - awaiting input from A11y TF

   rubys: my understanding that it was supposed to be covered in
   the previous meeting

   Philip: I don't think it did

Task Force Reports

esting Task Force

   rubys: can anyone comment on testing?

   Philip: I don't think they met
   ... I didn't see a report

Accessibility Task Force

   rubys: anyone have any comments?

   cynthia: they just finished the meeting
   ... Charles will arrive shortly

Media Task Force

   adrianba: we met Tuesday
   ... ... there is a bunch of work for the editors
   ... ...we discussed the encrypted media spec. talked about user
   data that can be sent over the encrypted channel
   ... ... and we discussed input from Adobe about how the web
   application becomes part of the communication between the dvm
   and the license server

Other Business

Administrative mailing list nearly set up

   rubys: I provided a link:
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/
   ... should be set up shortly

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/

   Philip: I keep working on the F2F for the week of April 22
   ... first 2 days for webapps and the next 2 days for HTML and
   HTML accessibility taskforce
   ... I'm waiting for confirmation on specific days

   <adrianba> my apologies for not scribing today - I hadn't
   realized it was my turn - I will volunteer for next week

scribe for next meeting

   rubys: any volunteers?

   <paulc> Paul will likely be on point to Chair.

   rubys: Charles didn't call in

   paulc: since I'm chairing next I will do follow up with the task
   force reports

   rubys: I think we are adjourned

Summary of Action Items
Received on Thursday, 29 November 2012 17:36:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:42 UTC