W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2012

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11

From: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 05:46:08 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CE3A5BFD1228D84A8D9C158EEC195FD53D99DA72@TK5EX14MBXW602.wingroup.windeploy.ntdev.microsoft.com>
In my haste to provide the link for the metrics for webplatform.org, I entered the wrong URL into IRC. The link I gave [1] is to a page that describes the metrics collected for the site. The page that lists the actual metrics for the site [2] is different.

Apologies.

Eliot

PS. From launch on Monday until Thursday evening, the site shows:

10,085 registered users
12,641 pages that have been edited
1,001,206 page views


[1] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Site_Metrics
[2] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:Statistics

From: Rik Cabanier [mailto:cabanier@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:36 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-10-11

The minutes are recorded at http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-html-wg-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

11 Oct 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Bryan_Sullivan

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          cabanier

Contents

     * [4]Topics
        1. [5]actionitems due by Thursday, October 11:
            ACTION-222: Create a preference poll for the appcache
            mailing list
         2. [6]TPAC F2F meeting planning, Chair
         3. [7]HTML WG F2F meeting agenda topics, Nov 1-2
         4. [8]dopt "Plan 2014" and make some specific related
            decisions,
         5. [9]HTML 5.0 "Features at Risk",
         6. [10]Publication of Heartbeat Working Drafts
         7. [11]http://webplatform.org/ announcement,
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 11 October 2012

   <paulc__> I will need a scribe for this meeting.

   <scribe> scribenick: cabanier

   <paulc__> rssagent, generate minutes

   paulc__: we have a large number of topics

actionitems due by Thursday, October 11: ACTION-222: Create a
preference poll for the appcache mailing list

   <paulc__> Action-222?

   <trackbot> ACTION-222 -- Maciej Stachowiak to create a
   preference poll for the appcache mailing list -- due 2012-09-27
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222

     [13] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/222

   paulc__: is Maciej here?
   ... this action is still pending. Maciej is holding off because
   people were proposing a separate mailing list

   paulc: let's make this action item due on oct 18

   <adrianba_> action-222 due oct 18

   <trackbot> ACTION-222 Create a preference poll for the appcache
   mailing list due date now oct 18

TPAC F2F meeting planning, Chair

   paulc__: registration will go up after oct 16
   ... 44 people from the WG have registered and 40 observers
   ... the venue is identical to the one 2 years ago
   ... we have the exact same rooms. There will be polycom but
   unsure of the quality
   ... we will have to set call in numbers

   cynthia: I will call in

HTML WG F2F meeting agenda topics, Nov 1-2

   [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/TPAC2012

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/TPAC2012

   paulc__: please update the wiki with agenda topics
   ... ...during the meeting we will create the times
   ... ...anyone have any questions about the topics?

   <adrianba_> i just added a request for the media extension
   specs

   janina: some of us are spending thursday and friday in a
   different working group

   paulc__: does the accessiblity discuss this yet?

   janina: I'm not aware if we have much of an agenda for HTML at
   this TPAC

Adopt "Plan 2014" and make some specific related decisions,

   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/002
   6.html

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0026.html

   paulc__: this was discussed on the ally call before this
   meeting
   ... so far the response was positive and questions
   ... ... and it looks like it will pass

HTML 5.0 "Features at Risk",

   paulc__: we want people to be aware of the at-risk features
   ... ...we need this list when we get the CR ready

   link:
   [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=HTML5.0AtRis
   kFeatures

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=HTML5.0AtRiskFeatures

   paulc__: ...there is a fair number of items
   ... ...both in HTML and Canvas2D. we will need a consensus in the
   WG on what this means
   ... if there is no implementation, we will have to drop this
   features
   ... the chairs are expecting that we will go to last call to go
   over the process requirement behond features at risk

Publication of Heartbeat Working Drafts

   paulc__: the current status is that HTML5: Web Developers
   Edition is not quite ready
   ... ...all the other are
   ... ...we are hoping to publish on Oct22

  <jaymunro> Canvas should be ok but it needs to be taken from
   html5_canvas, not Master.

   <gitbot> [html] darobin pushed 3 new commits to
   heartbeat-201210:
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/8a8aa8725bf7...8d14c0d4
   a960

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/8a8aa8725bf7...8d14c0d4a960

   <gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] progress; pubrules can take
   args - Robin Berjon

   <gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] cherry picked
   7299180159ec4748e511429de842c5375656733a - Sam Ruby

   paulc__: does anyone have questions?

   <gitbot> [html/heartbeat-201210] Correcting encoding of
   cldr.inc and entities.inc (from UCS-2 big endian to UTF-8) -
   Erika Doyle Navara

   paulc__: last time we published was in March (which is more
   than 3 months)

[18]http://webplatform.org/ announcement,

     [18] http://webplatform.org/

   [19]http://www.w3.org/News/2012#entry-9589

     [19] http://www.w3.org/News/2012#entry-9589

   [20]http://blog.webplatform.org/

     [20] http://blog.webplatform.org/

   Philip: this is a website by the w3c and several companies
   ... ...this is a wiki and anyone can update
   ... ...the site is just beginning but already got a lot of edits
   since Monday
   ... ...it would be nice if the WG takes a lot
   ... ...we hope people contribute and make it better

   paulc__: what is the relation between w3c and the website

   Philip: we provide the structure behind it but we don't control
   it

   Eliot_: the content currently comes from a number of
   organisation
   ... ... and we got a lot of edits since launch
   ... ... over 700000 page views and tons of edits
   ... ... it would be good that people talk or blog about it

   paulc__: is there a link that gives an idea on these
   staticstics?

   Eliot_: yes. I will provide a link

   <rubys>
   [21]http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

     [21] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

   Eliot_: we have over 200 people on the IRC channel

   <Eliot_> Metrics:
   [22]http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Site_Metrics

     [22] http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Site_Metrics

   paulc__: Maciej or Sam will chair next week

   Daniel: I just joined the group. I work for paypal
   ... I've been with the group for 10 years and happy to be back
   ... I'm reading up. I'm hoping to attend the F2F in Lyon.

   paulc__: anyone volunteering for a scribe?

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.137 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/10/11 16:29:33 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01
Check for newer version at [25]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: cabanier
Inferring Scribes: cabanier
Present: Bryan_Sullivan

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Agenda: [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/
2012OctDec/0002.html

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012OctDec/0002.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Oct 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [27]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-html-wg-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/11-html-wg-minutes.html


   End of [28]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Friday, 12 October 2012 05:48:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:42 UTC