W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2012

[minutes] 20120621 HTML Working Group

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:53:20 -0400
To: public-html-wg-announce <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1340376800.9760.13.camel@chacal>
Available at
  http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-wg-minutes.html

Text version:

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

21 Jun 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0036.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/21-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Sam, Plh, Paulc, Eliot, Janina, Krisk, Martin, Jay
          Munro, Mike, Russel Berkoff, Clarke Stevens, mjs

   Regrets
          Ted

   Chair
          Paul

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]action items
         2. [6]New issues
         3. [7]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [8]Items Closing This Week
         5. [9]Items Closing, New Calls, New Surveys, Decisions
         6. [10]Task Force Reports
         7. [11]Other business
         8. [12]Next meeting
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

action items

   action-219?

   <trackbot> ACTION-219 -- Edward O'Connor to review Michael
   Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a -- due 2012-06-14 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219

     [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219

   Paul: Ted sent regrets and told the Chairs he'll do it by
   tomorrow

   action-212?

   <trackbot> ACTION-212 -- Michael[tm] Smith to draft revised
   HTML WG charter for May 31 -- due 2012-06-21 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212

     [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212

   Mike: I'll have the charter sent out to the Group later today

   Paul: ok, then let's close it

   close action-212

   <trackbot> ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31
   closed

   Paul: next step is for feedback from the WG

   Mike: yes, I'll address the feedback as well

   action-217?

   <trackbot> ACTION-217 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to create a
   joint Path location add hit testing binding CP for ISSUE-201
   that binds canvas to fallback content (Rich, Ted, Frank) -- due
   2012-06-21 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217

   <MikeSmith> action-212: Mike will send out draft charter to
   HTML WG for review later today, 2012-06-21

   <trackbot> ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31
   notes added

   Paul: Frank sent Ted an email requesting his feedback, and Ted
   will provide the feedback by tomorrow.
   ... let's leave the action open and we'll continue to track it

New issues

   Paul: None

Items Closed Last Week

   Paul: None

Items Closing This Week

   Paul: didn't see objections for Cfc on ISSUE-203
   ... Chairs will evaluate and resolve the issue, then transmit
   to editors
   ... Issue-184 is closing today
   ... issue-185 was broken into 2 separate straw poll,
   drop-pubdate and moddate
   ... once the survey closes, will look at results and issue a
   decision

Items Closing, New Calls, New Surveys, Decisions

   Paul: None

Task Force Reports

Testing Task Force

   <krisk> Here are the meeting note from the TTF meeting on june
   19th

   <krisk>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2
   012Jun/0010.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jun/0010.html

   <krisk> More discussion on bugzilla 17141

   Kris: Testing report: we ran out of time at last meeting. we
   discussed bug 17141 but no agreement
   ... we approved a few tests submitted by Mathias and Ms2Ger
   ... discussed some canvas updates

   plh: regarding 17141, the spec doesn't match the
   implementations anymore
   ... so the test now matches the spec but a bug might get raised
   against the spec

   Kris: yes, no one throws an exception, but now the spec says it
   should
   ... I'll open a bug

   [18]http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-2dcontext-20120329/#dom-contex
   t-2d-createpattern

     [18] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-2dcontext-20120329/#dom-context-2d-createpattern

HTML accessibility Task Force

   Janina: short report this week: handful of issues where we're
   closed to coming to agreement
   ... associated with the actions discussed earlier
   ... hopefully, once the actions are done, we'll be able to move
   forward

HTML Media Task Force

   Paul: lots of people are very busy unfortunately, trying to
   find the most expeditious way to break through the dependencies
   ... Media sub-team report: 2 meetings already on Tuesday at
   11am US/Eastern.
   ... alternating between media source and encrypted
   ... next Tuesday is media encrypted
   ... we changed the interface in media source to be more object
   oriented
   ... going at current pace, the sub-team will be able to come to
   the WG and consider a FPWD in 2 months
   ... those drafts are layered on top of HTML5

Other business

   issue-189?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be
   coordinated with IETF -- open

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

   Paul: we extended the delivery date for Ted until July 6

   issue-194?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a
   full transcript with an audio or video element. -- open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

   Paul: meeting a couple of weeks ago and Silvia posted a new
   draft this week
   ... needs to be reviewed
   ... thinking to schedule an actual meeting

   Janina: that's on my list

   issue-195?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from
   forms -- open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

   Paul: Cameron change proposal needs update, due June 27
   ... if it doesn't happen, we'll deem the change proposal
   withdrawn

   issue-200?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND)
   in non-FIELDSET elements -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

   Paul: again, we changed the deadline to July 6 due to Ted's
   queue

   issue-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   Janina: John will try again to draft some languages, following
   a conversation he had with Ted
   ... Ted said that, in principle, MAY language would be
   acceptable
   ... so trying to move forward on that

   issue-31?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- Author conformance requirements for the
   alt attribute on images -- closed

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

   Paul: the chairs expect to give a response on issue-31c next
   week for the reopen request

Next meeting

   Sam: I will chair

   <krisk> I can scribe

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 22 June 2012 14:53:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC