W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-10-20: action and issue updates

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 12:29:55 -0500
Message-ID: <4EBC0A13.4050902@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

10 Nov 2011

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           Maciej Stachowiak

    Scribe
           rubys

Contents

      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]ACTION items due by Thursday, November 10
          2. [4]New Issues This Week
          3. [5]Items Closed Last Week
          4. [6]Items Closing This Week
          5. [7]Items Closing Next Week
          6. [8]New Calls this week
          7. [9]New Surveys this week
          8. [10]Decisions this week
          9. [11]Other Business
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________


ACTION items due by Thursday, November 10

    ACTION-205?

    <trackbot> ACTION-205 -- Paul Cotton to contact the TAG [noah, jeni]
    to find out the status of the html data tf -- due 2011-11-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/205

      [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/205

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-205: Contact the TAG [noah, jeni] to find
    out the status of the html data tf - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    Paulc: I contacted Jeni and Noah, and am working to get the response
    public. Please change the date to next week.

    action-205 due next week

    <trackbot> ACTION-205 Contact the TAG [noah, jeni] to find out the
    status of the html data tf due date now next week

    ACTION-206?

    <trackbot> ACTION-206 -- Sam Ruby to ensure the weekly telcon
    agendas contain a link to the latest post in karl's series -- due
    2011-11-10 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/206

      [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/206

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-206: Ensure the weekly telcon agendas
    contain a link to the latest post in karls series - HTML Weekly
    Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    sam: the status of this action is CLOSED, you can see the link in
    the agenda

    action-207?

    <trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal
    for av_param is still active -- due 2011-11-11 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

      [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-207: Confirm that change proposal for
    av_param is still active - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: I've been in negotiation with the person who made the change
    proposal, the bugs are being updated
    ... it is possible that the right action is to put the issue on hold
    ... please move this action 3 weeks

    action-207 due in 3 weeks

    <trackbot> ACTION-207 Confirm that change proposal for av_param is
    still active due date now in 3 weeks

New Issues This Week

    maciej: there is no new issues, there is one bug marked tracker
    request. This is the bug for <time> and <data>. It may end up
    becoming multiple issues.

    [37]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13240

      [37] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13240

    <pimpbot> 1113240: ian, P2, RESOLVED FIXED, 13Consider replacing
    <time> with <data>

Items Closed Last Week

    issue-180?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
    open

    <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

      [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -
    HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    maciej: the call closed last week, we got a Change Proposal, so a
    call for counter proposals was issued

Items Closing This Week

    issue-179?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or
    equivalent) -- open

    <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

      [39] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or
    equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    maciej: change proposals are due tomorrow, we have received two
    proposals
    ... this was discussed extensively in TPAC, the details as to which
    specific points of extensibility are needed is not yet resolved.

    issue-133?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a
    modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

    <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

      [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to
    indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly
    Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <glenn> confirm i can withdraw CP 179 if progress made on specific
    av params

    maciej: call for consensus closes tomorrow. Please feel free to
    either object or express support.

    ISSUE-164?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

    <trackbot> [41]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

      [41] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly
    Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    maciej: the call for consensus received an objection and a new
    proposal. Steve reissued his withdrawn proposal. This call does not
    pass

    ISSUE-170?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- open

    <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

      [42] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-170: make URIs valid link relations - HTML
    Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    maciej: we have two change proposals for this issue, the deadline is
    two days for now
    ... questions, comments?

    tantek: how long has the hgroup issue been extended?

    maciej: the next step is for the chairs to review the proposals, and
    then to go for survey. There is no fixed amount of time left at this
    point.

Items Closing Next Week

    maciej: none

New Calls this week

    issue-177?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be
    given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

    <trackbot> [43]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

      [43] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be
    given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    maciej: we have received one proposal, and have now issued a call
    for alternates

    issue-180?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
    open

    <trackbot> [44]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

      [44] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -
    HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    maciej: we have one proposal and have issued a call for counter
    proposals

    sam: Ian has reopened the bug

    maciej: this could lead to a consensus resolution, the bug should be
    re-closed in the meantime

New Surveys this week

    maciej: none

Decisions this week

    issue-178?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-178 -- Don't include colon in examples of URI
    scheme names -- closed

    <trackbot> [45]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/178

      [45] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/178

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-178: Dont include colon in examples of URI
    scheme names - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    this issue was closed without prejudice as no change proposals were
    received

Other Business

    [46]http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-18.html

      [46] http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-18.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-10-31 -
    2011-11-06 - W3C Blog (at www.w3.org)

    maciej: as promised, we have linked to the summary in the agenda.
    Any interest in discussing any of those items?
    ... I encourage everyone to read the summary

    [47]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0011.htm
    l

      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0011.html

    <pimpbot> Title: Revert request for r6783 from Paul Cotton on
    2011-11-03 (public-html@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    maciej: I haven't had a chance to check its status. It still hadn't
    been done when I left work.
    ... the chairs did ask Mike Smith to execute the request, and we did
    get some private email from Ian asking that we adopt Tantek's
    proposal.

    Mike: I need to be clear before we do the revert that the chairs
    agree that this is what the chairs want.

    sam: please do the revert

    paulc: +1

    <anne> o_O

    <tantek> rubys - I followed up with your email requesting
    identification of one or more issues re: time/data

    maciej: go ahead and do the revert at this point

    mike: OK

    [48]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0094.htm
    l

      [48] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0094.html

    <pimpbot> Title: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for
    HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1) from Tantek Çelik on 2011-11-10
    (public-html@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    <tantek> thanks rubys, appreciated.

    paulc: you divided the question into three separate parts?

    tantek: yes

    paulc: are the issues orthogonal?

    tantek: there are some dependencies, but they are largely separable

    paulc: the chairs will take a look at that

    <anne> doing a revert in CVS is very unproductive

    <anne> but I guess there's no means for me to object at this point?

    paulc: anne has a comment in IRC

    maciej: anne's comment will be in the minutes
    ... we are now adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 10 November 2011 17:30:40 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC