W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-10-13: issue updates, task force reports

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:34:14 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F8329CE453@TK5EX14MBXC138.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes available here -> http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html<http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-html-wg-minutes.html>



[Description: W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
13 Oct 2011

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
hober, Julian, Cynthia_Shelly, Plh, Mike, adrianba, Mike.a, paulc, Judy, mjs_, Janina, [Microsoft], krisk, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Regrets
Eliot_Graff
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   ACTION items due by Thursday, October 13<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New Issues This Week:<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Items Closed Last Week<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items closing this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Items closing next week<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   New calls this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Decisions this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Task force reports - testing TF<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   Task force reports - A11Y TF<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   Any other business<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   Scribe for the next meeting?<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#item12>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 13 October 2011
ACTION items due by Thursday, October 13

scribenic: paulc

No action items
New Issues This Week:

No new issues this week.

<mjs_> scribenick: paulc
Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-170?

<trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-170: make URIs valid link relations - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

We received two change proposals for this issue. Proceeding to Call for Counter Proposals.

ISSUE-171?

<trackbot> ISSUE-171 -- URI-s generated for microdata attribute values -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/171

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-171: URI-s generated for microdata attribute values - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

We did not receive any ontime change proposals.

171 was closed without prejudice.

Julian: html-data TF is looking into this area.

mjs: TF call re-open with a change proposal.

ISSUE-173?

<trackbot> ISSUE-173 -- Split AppCache out -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/173

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-173: Split AppCache out - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

We received a late and incomplete CP so the chairs are discussing this and will likely close without prejudice.

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10784] change summary from an attribute to an element <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Oct/0444.html> 4** [Bug 14451] New: //Arrays for each submenu var JButton_oBg = new Array(); var JButton_oMenu = new Array(); //Default browsercheck, added to all scripts! function JButton_checkBrowser(){ this.ver=navigator.appVersion; this.dom=document.getElementById?1:0; this.ie5=(this.ve <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/P

This will permit the ISSUE to be reopened when a well=formed CP is available.
Items closing this week

ISSUE-175?

<trackbot> ISSUE-175 -- Normative Reference to Work Attributed Solely to Pseudonymous Author -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/175

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-175: Normative Reference to Work Attributed Solely to Pseudonymous Author - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

175 call closes tomorrow.
Items closing next week

ISSUE-174?

<trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link> semantics -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

CPs are due Oct 21

ISSUE-176?

<trackbot> ISSUE-176 -- Revert the edit that removed the Editing API -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/176

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-176: Revert the edit that removed the Editing API - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

CPs are due Oct 21
New calls this week

ISSUE-170?

<trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-170: make URIs valid link relations - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

We now have a call for alternate proposals that closes Nov 12.

Topics: New surveys this week

No new surveys
Decisions this week

No decisions this week
Task force reports - testing TF

<krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Oct/0003.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 10/4/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-10-13 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from October 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

Several bugs opened but waiting for spec updates.

Talking about moving testing items into W3C

<krisk> IRC log had more details http://www.w3.org/2011/10/04-htmlt-irc

TF is starting a review period that ends Nov 15

TF meets again next week

<krisk> Correctionn -> Test Review Period from Oct 15th -> December 15th
Task force reports - A11Y TF

ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<richardschwerdtfe> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Oct/0034.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: Issue 131 from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-10-06 (public-html-a11y@w3.org from October 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

Rich: Maciej are you happy with the CP.

Maciej: I will add reviewing the CP to my to do list. But of course you can re-submit any improved CP at any time.
... Chairs are reviewing all CPs before going to survey and I will be glad to review the revised CP for 131 in advance of its submission.

Rich: I will also send a request to reopen ISSUE-131

Janina: Can we get clarification on the status of the revert requests?
... We understand that the Formal objection has been recorded.
... Have the reverts been made?

Maciej: The two reverts have indeed been made. The Chairs are discussing this and are double checking this.

Judy: John F posted a response to Jonas's CP.
... The A11Y TF has asked last week in their meeting if it is sufficient to simply post the response to Jonas's CP.
... Paul suggested that posting was good enough and then Maciej asked if the response should be folded into a CP.
... What do the Chairs recommend?

Maciej: Options depend on your goals.
... Posting might be sufficient to get to Jonas but if you want to ENSURE that it part of a subsequent survey then you might choose to put the information in a revised CP or you could reference it in a survey comment

Judy: Would incorporation of the response by reference in Laura's CP be good enough?

Maciej: Yes incorporating by reference is a reasonable approach.

Judy: We then have achieved the first goal of informing Jonas
... The TF is also preparing a response to Matt's CP
... Once this 2nd response to Matt's CP is ready then the TF would be ready to move forward with a survey on the issue

Paul: What is the TF planning to do with the two responses to Jonas and Matt's CPs?

Judy: The TF would likely add by reference the information about the responses to Jonas and Matt's CPS.
... When all of these are done then the TF will inform the Chairs via email that they are ready to survey the issue.

Janina: The TF bug triage is continuing and is largely done.
... That ends the TF report
Any other business

Maciej: Any other business?

None
Scribe for the next meeting?

Ted volunteered to scribe for the next meeting.

Sam will be chairing next week.
Adjournment

The meeting adjourned at :29 after the hour.

rssagent, make minutes

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.136 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2011/10/13 16:30:43 $
________________________________

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 13 October 2011 16:34:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC