W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-10-06: Action items, new issues, issue progress, revert request, WG F2F registration

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:20:14 -0400
Message-ID: <4E8DD53E.8050504@intertwingly.net>
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

06 Oct 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011OctDec/0000.html

Attendees

    Present
    Regrets
    Chair
           paulc

    Scribe
           rubys

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]ACTION items due by Thursday, October 6
          2. [5]New Issues This Week
          3. [6]Items Closed Last Week
          4. [7]Items Closing This Week
          5. [8]Items Closing Next Week
          6. [9]New Calls this week
          7. [10]New Surveys this week
          8. [11]Decisions this week
          9. [12]Other Business
         10. [13]Chair and Scribe for next meeting
         11. [14]Adjournment
      * [15]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 06 October 2011

    <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-10-06: Action items,
    new issues, issue progress, revert request, WG F2F registration from
    Paul Cotton on 2011-10-05 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from
    October to December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    <scribe> scribe: rubys

ACTION items due by Thursday, October 6

    action-204?

    <trackbot> ACTION-204 -- Sam Ruby to ping hixie on status of P1 bugs
    -- due 2011-10-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/204

      [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/204

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-204: Ping hixie on status of P1 bugs - HTML
    Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13769] WF3: Add trim="" attribute to
    <textarea>, <input type=text/search>, <form>, and <fieldset>
    (applying to all contained fields of appropriate types) that strips
    leading and trailing whitespace from the value
    <11[35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
    Oct/0239.html>

      [35] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Oct/0239.html

    rubys: I did ping hixie, he seems to be aware of the two bugs, but
    doesn't seem to be processing P1 bugs expeditiously

    paulc: let's keep this action open

New Issues This Week

    issue-180?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
    open

    <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

      [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -
    HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: we got some pushback from Ian, and the chairs discussed it,
    and decided to issue the call for proposals
    ... if this can be resolved by amicable consensus, we can stop
    tracking it at that time

Items Closed Last Week

    paulc: none

Items Closing This Week

    issue-170?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- raised

    <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

      [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-170: make URIs valid link relations - HTML
    Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    issue-171?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-171 -- URI-s generated for microdata attribute
    values -- raised

    <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/171

      [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/171

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-171: URI-s generated for microdata attribute
    values - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    issue-173?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-173 -- Split AppCache out -- raised

    <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/173

      [39] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/173

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-173: Split AppCache out - HTML Weekly Tracker
    (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: these issues close on Saturday
    ... if you need a small extension, you are better off asking for
    that before the due date

Items Closing Next Week

    issue-175?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-175 -- Normative Reference to Work Attributed
    Solely to Pseudonymous Author -- raised

    <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/175

      [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/175

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-175: Normative Reference to Work Attributed
    Solely to Pseudonymous Author - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: this is due October 14th (a week Friday)

New Calls this week

    issue-180?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
    open

    <trackbot> [41]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

      [41] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -
    HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    paulc: as previously mentioned, the chairs decided to issue a call
    for proposals for this one. Due November 4th

New Surveys this week

    paulc: None
    ... the chairs have started a worklist of change proposals to be
    reviewed by the chairs
    ... if there are particular issues that people would like to be put
    to the front of the queue, please let us know

    janina: my guess is that we will get 2 or 3 from the a11y TF

Decisions this week

    paulc: none (as there haven't been any surveys)

Other Business

    Revert request for r6610, and moving forward on ISSUE-129

    paulc: I believe that change has been reverted
    ... there is a second request that came in overnight, and the chairs
    are actively discussing that item by email. You should see a
    response in 48 hours.
    ... HTML WG F2F and Technical Plenary registration
    ... same place as last year, the two key dates; the daily per diem
    fee goes up on the 14th and there is a hotel block that is set to
    expire
    ... last time I checked, we had about 30-40 each of WG members and
    observers
    ... traditionally, we have run these meetings in an unconference
    style

    [42]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0033.htm
    l

      [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Oct/0033.html

    <pimpbot> Title: REMINDER: TPAC2011 Meeting Registration Open,
    31Oct-4 Nov. 2011, Santa Clara, CA from Paul Cotton on 2011-10-05
    (public-html@w3.org from October 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

    paulc: there are a number of topics that overlap
    ... questions?

Chair and Scribe for next meeting

    paulc: I am presuming that Maciej is chairing, volunteers to scribe?
    ... if no one else volunteers, I will scribe

Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 6 October 2011 16:20:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC