W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-07-21: Task Force reports, Last Call change control, Decision Policy

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:38:57 -0700
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m2wrfbsi5a.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
The minutes for our July 21st weekly teleconference are available in HTML at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-html-wg-minutes.html
and in plain text below:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

21 Jul 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0004.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, July 21
         2. [6]New Issues This Week:
         3. [7]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [8]Items Closing This Week
         5. [9]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [10]New Calls this week
         7. [11]New Surveys this week
         8. [12]Decisions this week
         9. [13]Task Force Reports
        10. [14]Testing Task Force report
        11. [15]Accessibility Task Force report
        12. [16]Other Business
        13. [17]Scribe for next meeting
        14. [18]Adjournment
     * [19]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 21 July 2011

   <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-07-21: Task Force
   reports, Last Call change control, Decision Policy from Maciej
   Stachowiak on 2011-07-20 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July
   to September 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   <rubys> ...Maciej should be here momentarily...

ACTION items due by Thursday, July 21

   mjs: there are none

New Issues This Week:

   mjs: there are none

Items Closed Last Week

   mjs: there are none

Items Closing This Week

   mjs: there are none

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-153?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- link type "external" either not useful or
   underspecified -- open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/153

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/153

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-153: link type "external" either not useful
   or underspecified - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: Call for Counter-Proposals closes Jul 28

   ISSUE-154?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a
   link relation -- open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/154

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/154

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-154: "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a
   link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: Call for Counter-Proposals closes Jul 28
   ... both issues about link relations

   ISSUE-166?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-166 -- text/html-sandboxed does not always fail
   closed -- raised

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/166

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/166

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-166: text/html-sandboxed does not always fail
   closed - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: Change Proposals due Jul 28

   ISSUE-167?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-167 -- Remove the crossorigin attribute and CORS
   normative dependency -- raised

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/167

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/167

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-167: Remove the crossorigin attribute and
   CORS normative dependency - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   mjs: Change Proposals due Jul 28

New Calls this week

   mjs: there are none

New Surveys this week

   mjs: there are none
   ... will not start any more surveys until the end of the LC comment
   period on 8/4

Decisions this week

   mjs: there are none

Task Force Reports

Testing Task Force report

   krisk: met last week

   <krisk> Here notes
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Ju
   l/0004.html

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Jul/0004.html

   <pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda
   7/12/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-07-21
   (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from July 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   krisk: group agreed to use html5lib test format going forward
   ... new tests from mozilla
   ... there are authoring guidelines available

   <krisk> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing/Authoring

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing/Authoring

   krisk: microsoft has submitted some structured clone algorithm tests
   ... opera has also submitted tests
   ... TF meets on 7/26

Accessibility Task Force report

   janina: not much to report
   ... have asked people to read through the spec to look for a11y
   issues
   ... long call next thursday to process those reports
   ... media subgroup have 3 unresolved issues, waiting on PoCs
   ... text subgroup will make some comments on longdesc, canvas a11y,
   etc.
   ... asking tf participants to focus on bugs

Other Business

   ISSUE-134?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and
   command elements respectively -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu
   and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   CP on ISSUE-134:
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0235.htm
   l

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0235.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-134 tab-states by Amicable
   Resolution from Tab Atkins Jr. on 2011-07-14 (public-html@w3.org
   from July 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: in the future, we will be stricter about the CfC deadline
   ... this is a one-time exception
   ... have filed bug on decision policy to clarify this going forward
   ... Last Call change control and non-bugzilla changes
   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0286.htm
   l

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0286.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Thoughts on restricting non-bugzilla-driven spec
   changes during Last Call from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-07-20
   (public-html@w3.org from July 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: looking at what sort of change control should be applied, email
   is quite detailed
   ... strongly encourage wg participants to read that email
   ... there are 3 key process requirements affected by spec changes
   happening during LC
   ... 1) formal requirement to address all issues received during LC
   ... 2) must have documentation of all changes since the previous
   step (entering last call)
   ... there's a Process distinction between minor and substantive
   changes
   ... substantive changes are changes that invalidate previous review
   or impl report
   ... minor changes only require reporting diff
   ... Process requires us to provide meaningful summary of substantive
   changes
   ... substantive changes made after entering LC require issuing
   another WD, can't proceed straight to CR
   ... we knew going into this LC that there woulud be substantive
   changes in certain areas etc.
   ... must fulfill documentation requirement
   ... we will have to have an LC period in which we don't make
   substantive changes
   ... there are a number of changes made to the spec that are from
   comments not at the w3c
   ... also rdfa-in-html spec has changes made due to comments in the
   rdfa wg, not just an issue with the html5 spec

   janina: should people be commenting on the may 25th LCWD or a july
   ED? (question came up in a11y tf)

   mjs: up to the reviewer
   ... May 25th draft is frozen, so it won't change during review
   ... the EDs have ongoing changes, including LC comments
   ... issues may already have been fixed, there may be new problems
   ... ED probably tracks what will be in a future LC

   paulc: it's always possible to get the static version by following
   the dated links
   ... we'll always process LC comments on the LCWD
   ... it's also valid as an LC comment to request revert of changes
   happening in the ED

   mjs: Decision Policy update plans
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0287.htm
   l

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0287.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Decision Policy update plans from Maciej Stachowiak
   on 2011-07-20 (public-html@w3.org from July 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   mjs: have been working on the Decision Policy 'v2' draft
   ... will be presenting a CfC to the WG to adopt the v2 Decision
   Policy
   ... please review v2 draft and file bugs
   ... Any other business?

Scribe for next meeting

   <adrianba> i can scribe next week

Adjournment

   <paulc> rssagent, generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 21 July 2011 16:40:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC