W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-07-07: Actions, Issue status Decisions, TF reports, TAG issue

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:35:46 -0700
Cc: "Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> (janina@rednote.net)" <janina@rednote.net>, Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
Message-id: <11850B2D-5FA0-4562-8867-36015B0C287B@apple.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
The minutes for our July 7th weekly teleconference are available in HTML at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-html-wg-minutes.html
and in plain text below:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

07 Jul 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0000.html

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items due by Thursday, July 7
         2. [5]New issues this week
         3. [6]Items closed last week
         4. [7]Items closing this week
         5. [8]Items closing next week
         6. [9]New calls this week
         7. [10]New surveys this week
         8. [11]Decisions this week
         9. [12]TF reports
        10. [13]A11Y TF report
        11. [14]TAG issue on HTML+RDFa & Microdata
        12. [15]Other business
        13. [16]TPAC registration
        14. [17]Chair & scribe for next meeting
        15. [18]Adjournment
     * [19]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <pimpbot> planet: Oli Studholme: A love letter to the CSS Working
   Group <11[20]http://oli.jp/2011/csswg-love/> 4** Oli Studholme: CSS3
   Flexbox vs A Princess Bride <11[21]http://oli.jp/2011/css3-flexbox/>

     [20] http://oli.jp/2011/csswg-love/
     [21] http://oli.jp/2011/css3-flexbox/

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13167] New: Using an existing application
   cache without having a master entry in the application group (cache
   the master entry)
   <11[22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0249.html>

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0249.html

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13168] New: Creating or using an existing
   application cache without caching the master entry
   <11[23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0250.html>

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0250.html

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13169] New: Why aren't placeholders
   available on Date/Time fields? It seems to me they should.
   <11[24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0251.html>

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0251.html

   <pimpbot> planet: Oli Studholme: Blockquote problems and solutions
   <11[25]http://oli.jp/2011/blockquote/>

     [25] http://oli.jp/2011/blockquote/

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13170] New: Inconsistent "fallback name" vs
   "fallback property name"
   <11[26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0252.html> 4** [Bug 13170] Inconsistent "fallback name" vs
   "fallback property name"
   <11[27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0253.html> 4** [Bug 13169] Why aren't placeholders available on
   Date/Time fields? It seems to me they should.
   <11[28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0252.html
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0253.html
     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13060] Consider MJPG files like <video> when
   used as the image argument for drawImage()
   <11[29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0255.html>

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0255.html

   <pimpbot> planet: Mounir Lamouri: The HTML progress element in
   Firefox
   <11[30]http://blog.oldworld.fr/index.php?post/2011/07/The-HTML5-prog
   ress-element-in-Firefox>

     [30] http://blog.oldworld.fr/index.php?post/2011/07/The-HTML5-progress-element-in-Firefox

   <Julian> hsivonen, you there?

   <pimpbot> planet: Phillip Smith: Learning lab schedule:
   week-by-week. Plus: new lecture by @iA CEO Oliver Reichenstein
   <11[31]http://www.phillipadsmith.com/2011/07/learning-lab-schedule-w
   eek-by-week-plus-new-lecture-by-ia-ceo-oliver-reichenstein.html>

     [31] http://www.phillipadsmith.com/2011/07/learning-lab-schedule-week-by-week-plus-new-lecture-by-ia-ceo-oliver-reichenstein.html

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13171] New: Status boxes overlap
   <11[32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0256.html> 4** [Bug 13171] Status boxes overlap
   <11[33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0257.html>

     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0256.html
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0257.html

   <MikeSmith> issue-163?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Need a means for navigating between related
   timed tracks of media elements -- closed

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

     [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-163: Need a means for navigating between
   related timed tracks of media elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   <paulc> trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Date: 07 July 2011

   <pimpbot> changes: sam: Change proposal for issue 165
   <11[35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jul
   /0003.html>

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jul/0003.html

   <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-07-07: Actions, Issue
   status Decisions, TF reports, TAG issue from Paul Cotton on
   2011-07-05 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September
   2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, July 7

   paulc: There are none

New issues this week

   paulc: There are none

Items closed last week

   ISSUE-134?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and
   command elements respectively -- open

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

     [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu
   and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13173] New: <input type="url"> should accept
   URLs with protocol omitted
   <11[37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0258.html> 4** [Bug 13173] <input type="url"> should accept URLs
   with protocol omitted
   <11[38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011
   Jul/0259.html>

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0258.html
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jul/0259.html

   ISSUE-150?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking
   about code points -- open

   <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

     [39] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking
   about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-163?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Need a means for navigating between related
   timed tracks of media elements -- closed

   <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

     [40] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-163: Need a means for navigating between
   related timed tracks of media elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   paulc: ISSUE-163 closed without prejudice

   ISSUE-164?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

   <trackbot> [41]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

     [41] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   paulc: two change proposals received

Items closing this week

   ISSUE-151?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in
   status section of document -- open

   <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

     [42] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-151: Remove WhatWG and html5.org references
   in status section of document - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   paulc: call for counter proposals closes tomorrow

   ISSUE-165?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- open

   <trackbot> [43]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

     [43] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-134?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and
   command elements respectively -- open

   <trackbot> [44]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

     [44] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu
   and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   paulc: Call for Consensus to close by amicable resolution closes Jul
   12

   ISSUE-150?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking
   about code points -- open

   <trackbot> [45]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

     [45] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking
   about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   paulc: same as ISSUE-134, no counter proposals received

Items closing next week

   paulc: There are none

New calls this week

   ISSUE-134?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and
   command elements respectively -- open

   <trackbot> [46]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

     [46] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu
   and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-150?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking
   about code points -- open

   <trackbot> [47]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

     [47] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking
   about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-164?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

   <trackbot> [48]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

     [48] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   paulc: Call for Counter-Proposals closes Aug 2

   ISSUE-168?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-168 -- Remove typemustmatch -- raised

   <trackbot> [49]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/168

     [49] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/168

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-168: Remove typemustmatch - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   paulc: Call for Change Proposals closes Aug 2
   ... empties queue of outstanding issues

New surveys this week

   paulc: There are none

Decisions this week

   ISSUE-163?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Need a means for navigating between related
   timed tracks of media elements -- closed

   <trackbot> [50]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

     [50] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-163: Need a means for navigating between
   related timed tracks of media elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   paulc: no change proposals received, closed without prejudice

TF reports

   paulc: No report from testing task force, they're meeting next week

A11Y TF report

   janina: biggest issue is canvas
   ... need a little bit more to make it accessible

   <paulc> thanks Julian.

   janina: rich will be filing two bugs
   ... media group has had major progress in handling hierarchical
   navigation
   ... might require little or no change to existing spec
   ... down to two approaches
   ... may need an additional attribute
   ... once we've tested impls of solutions, will want informative text
   in spec
   ... re: poster="" alt text, may need decision reconsidered
   ... aria-describedby won't cut it
   ... working on refining the figcaption decision
   ... working on proposals to deal with corner cases
   ... plan to post examples to list where it breaks
   ... re: considering a change proposal for table summary

   paulc: making progress on many fronts
   ... i suggested the tf file granular bugs re: canvas accessibility
   ... request p1 so they will be addressed asap
   ... rich will take on that action very soon

TAG issue on HTML+RDFa & Microdata

   paulc: manu sent note to TAG with membership suggestions for TF
   ... reply & volunteer to join if anyone is interested
   ... we've opened two bugs

   [51]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13100

     [51] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13100

   <pimpbot> 1113100: mike+html-wg-mailbot, P1, NEW, 13TAG issue on
   HTML+RDFa and Microdata last call drafts

   [52]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13101

     [52] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13101

   <pimpbot> 1113101: mike, P1, ASSIGNED, 13TAG issue on HTML+RDFa and
   Microdata last call drafts

   paulc: discussion happening in both bugs
   ... if interested, cc yourself on the bugs

Other business

   paulc: status of publication of "author-only" view Working Draft,
   Mike Smith

   MikeSmith: it's not yet published
   ... working on making the js popups keyboard accessible
   ... adding tabindex, aria markup to the popup markup
   ... breaks pubrules
   ... which require HTML4 or XHTML 1 doctype
   ... would validate if the document had HTML5 doctype
   ... working on resolving this, talking to plh and others
   ... will email list when progress is made

   paulc: do we have a bug on the documents re: publishing them in
   html5?

   MikeSmith: there was one on the polyglot spec
   ... it's been published with html5 doctype

   rubys: polyglot spec was published as XHTML5
   ... so it's not a clear precedent here

   paulc: please continue negotiating with pubrules team etc

   <rubys> +1

   MikeSmith: aiming to get this resolved by the end of next week

   <paulc> The WG appreciates all the "heavy lifting" on publication of
   documents that Mike is doing.

   janina: should be able to publish HTML4+ARIA soon

   MikeSmith: that's not a solution for me
   ... I think it's pretty important for this group to be able to
   publish its documents in its own doctype
   ... working towards getting the comm team to agree

TPAC registration

   paulc: registration period has just opened
   ... TPAC is first week of November, at the Marriott in Santa Clara
   ... HTML WG meeting that Thurs/Fri
   ... we have two rooms booked
   ... will likely do two-track unconference like the last two years
   ... W3C asks participants to book at event hotel, helps with total
   costs

Chair & scribe for next meeting

   paulc: mjs' turn to chair
   ... no volunteers to scribe

Adjournment

   <adrianba> regrets for next week

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [53]scribe.perl version 1.136
    ([54]CVS log)
    $Date: 2011/07/07 16:31:19 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43
Check for newer version at [55]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [55] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: hober
Inferring Scribes: hober

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Apple CIA-1 Dashiva Hixie J_Voracek Janina Jedi Julia
n Lachy MarkFoladare Martijnc Microsoft Mike MikeSmith MikeSmith_ P18 P
31 Philip Radhika_Roy Sam ScribeNick Title aa aaaa adrianba arronei awa
y bugmail changes cyns davidb dsinger dsinger_ dveditz dveditz_ ed elio
t gavin_ gsnedders heycam hober homata homata_ hsivonen html-wg inimino
 jgraham jmb joined karl kimberlyblessing kliehm mjs mjs_ nonge_ paulc
pimpbot planet plh rubys shepazu tH tinkster tm trackbot webben
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: [56]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
/2011JulSep/0000.html

     [56] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0000.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 07 Jul 2011
Guessing minutes URL: [57]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-html-wg-minutes.
html
People with action items:

     [57] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/07-html-wg-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)


   End of [58]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [58] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 7 July 2011 16:36:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC