W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-05-05: short agenda; approaching Last Call

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:25:08 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F81A27C5B6@TK5EX14MBXC138.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes are available at:



http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html



... and are included below.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


[Description: W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
05 May 2011

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011AprJun/0007.html>

Attendees
Present
+1.215.286.aaaa, mjs, Sam, eliot, Paul_Cotton, +1.347.614.aabb, +1.619.846.aacc, dpenkler
Regrets
Chair
encourages everyone to participate.
Scribe
paulc_
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Action items due May 5<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New issues this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Items closes last week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items closing this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Items closing next week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   New calls this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   New surveys this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Decisions this week<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   Other business<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   Chair and scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2011/05/05-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________
Action items due May 5

None
New issues this week

None
Items closes last week

None
Items closing this week

None

mjs: not a lot of activity, winding down towards Last Call
Items closing next week

HTML5 licensing poll closes today.

This is a preference poll asking for input and opinions on the 3 PSIG licenses and 2 licenses raised by WG members

<mjs> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html5-license-poll-v3/

Poll closes at 23:59 EDT (Boston time) TODAY

Questions or comments on the survey?

None.

Review of Editor's Draft closing on May 8

mjs: chairs are asking for WG members to check the disposition of all issue except -131 and to ensure they are applied correctly.
... Get started on pre-LC review of the document.
... We are going to have a survey for going into LC in the near future.
... questions or comments on the review process.

paulc: the implication of the May 8 date is that the Chairs will be closing the pre-LC issues unless someone complains about how the WG decisions were applied.

mjs: yes that is correct
New calls this week

None
New surveys this week

None
Decisions this week

None
Other business

a) Applying the issue-131 decision

ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: This is the last outstanding pre-LC issue for which the WG decision has not be applied.
... Rich S has provided a delta for application and Ian Hickson has supplied a delta revised very recently.
... Both Rich S and Ian have objections with each other's diffs although the Chairs are hopeful of convergence.
... If there is no convergence by May 8, the Chairs will determine the next action.
... After resolution of the application of -131, we will be ready for a survey on going to Last Call.

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0773.html

<pimpbot> Title: Change made to WAI-ARIA section from Steve Faulkner on 2011-04-29 (public-html@w3.org from April 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

b) Revert request for commit 6040

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/revert-requests.html

<pimpbot> Title: History of Revert Requests (at dev.w3.org)

mjs: The chairs asked for this revert (asked for Steve F) and it was done quite quickly by the Editor.
... more recently there was another revert request by Tab Atkins
... after some discussion there were seconds to this request and the Chairs asked for the revert to be done.

<rubys> revert: http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6063&to=6064

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5 Tracker (at html5.org)

mjs: This links give the revert for 6052
... No outstanding revert request.
... Any other business.

WG: No other topics.
Chair and scribe for next meeting

mjs: Volunteer?

Sam: I will chair.

mjs: I will scribe.
Adjournment

<mjs> I think that might be the shortest telecon ever

mjs: we are now adjourned at ::18 after the hour.

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.135 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2011/05/05 16:19:03 $
________________________________




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 5 May 2011 16:25:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:41 UTC