W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2010

{minutes} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-09: status of actions, calls, new decisions

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:53:30 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F818550EBC@TK5EX14MBXC136.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The minutes for the Dec 9 HTML WG Weekly meeting can be found below and at:


http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html



/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


[Description: W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
09 Dec 2010
Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
Maciej Stachowiak
Scribe
rubys
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   ACTION items due by Thursday, December 9<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   New Issues This Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   Items Closed Last Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   Items Closing This Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Items Closing Next Week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   New Calls this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   New Surveys this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Decisions this week<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
     *   New round of Working Drafts<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item09>
     *   Other Business<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item10>
     *   Scribe for next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item11>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#item12>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/12/09-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11261] Bogus reference to CDATA attributes <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0305.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11505] New: the problem i try to solve is spam pop ups and aggressive spam page authoring (which ban you from going backward and is obviously made up for banks and exploited by spammers). my idea is to depreciate (not allow) pop ups and also the annoying backward bro <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0306.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11261] Bogus reference to CDATA attributes <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0307.html>

<pimpbot> planet: <GAME_ON> 2010: +150 gamer geeks pack out London <11http://mozillalabs.com/gaming/2010/12/09/game_on-2010-150-gamer-geeks-pack-out-london/>

<pimpbot> planet: Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2010-12-08 <11http://blog.mozilla.com/meeting-notes/archives/450>

<pimpbot> planet: sideshowbarker: @paul_irish the flood of @html5 tweets was an unintended side effect of getting a mirror of the spec sources set up at bitbucket. sorry... <11http://twitter.com/sideshowbarker/statuses/10942345147060224>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11506] New: i'd love to be able to comment but as this page has never fully loaded and shut down my computer each time i've tried ...there goes again. good work w3 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0308.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11506] i'd love to be able to comment but as this page has never fully loaded and shut down my computer each time i've tried ...there goes again. good work w3 <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0309.html>

<pimpbot> planet: hober: @shelleypowers which is to say: there is no vast, browser-wing conspiracy. /cc @glazou #html5 <11http://twitter.com/hober/statuses/12610185621151744> 4** brucel: RT @stshank: In hardware-based WebM decoding news: http://bit.ly/elOZgC #html5 <11http://twitter.com/brucel/statuses/12502051888046081> 4** brucel: Due to a protocol vulnerability Web Sockets will be behind a preference in Opera 11. Hopefully protocol gets fixed fast. via @an

<pimpbot> planet: paul_irish: @getify awesome headers post today. do you think theres anything we can bake into the html5boilerplate apache config as a default? <11http://twitter.com/paul_irish/statuses/12676351010021376> 4** beverloo: WebKit now supports the "hidden" attribute http://goo.gl/PkekV #HTML5 #WebKit <11http://twitter.com/beverloo/statuses/12265858529234944> 4** zcorpan: Pop Quiz: How Many Mistakes Can You Find In http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtm

<MikeSmith> issue-133?

<trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> planet: brucel: Lifehacker interview me about #html5. I use bad language (but I was in Australia), and I'm nice about Flash. http://bit.ly/gPoR0I <11http://twitter.com/brucel/statuses/12773017021063168>

<pimpbot> planet: Can HTML5 apps pass information to Paypal? <11http://doctype.com/html5-apps-pass-information-paypal>

<pimpbot> planet: brucel: I'm talking on #html5 multimedia at Web Directions, UK in May. Buy tix before end of year to avoid VAT increase http://bit.ly/idDsgs #wdx <11http://twitter.com/brucel/statuses/12853443785920512>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11508] New: suboptimal CDATA example <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0311.html> 4** [Bug 11507] New: entities reference too broad <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0310.html>

<pimpbot> changes: sam: One survey done, another started, and a change proposal received <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Dec/0036.html>

<MikeSmith> issue-122?

<trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122: alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> bug 9452?

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9452 silviapfeiffer1, P2, ASSIGNED, 13Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource

<MikeSmith> issue-122?

<trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122: alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 9452] Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0314.html> 4** [Bug 11261] Bogus reference to CDATA attributes <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Dec/0312.html>

<pimpbot> planet: stevefaulkner: enjoying being back on the #W3C HTML A11Y taskforce calls with @oedipusnj et al. #html5 #accessibility <11http://twitter.com/stevefaulkner/statuses/12902193359233025>

<mjs> hi everyone

<mjs> the telecon may start a few minutes late today

<mjs> apparently all of northern california has a giant fog bank covering it today

trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 09 December 2010

<mjs> rubys: I'll be dialing in approximately 5 minutes (commuter shuttle is behind schedule)

<mjs> I have the agenda up so I'll be ready to go as soon as it arrives

mjs: ok...

<scribe> scribenick: rubys

<paulc_> paulc is on mute

<paulc_> FYI, waiting for MJS to arrive to chair meeting.

<paulc_> Waiting for mjs who is on a commuter shuttle which is behind schedule.

<paulc_> Lost my phone connection.

<eliot> me too

<paulc_> Possibly, it will no answer.
ACTION items due by Thursday, December 9

ACTION-190?

<trackbot> ACTION-190 -- Michael(tm) Smith to fix pubrules problems with "author-only" view of the HTML5 specification -- due 2010-12-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/190

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-190: Fix pubrules problems with "author-only" view of the HTML5 specification - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

plh: Mike is not here, he hasn't done it, but it won't hold up publication

mjs: that's all of the status we need to know
New Issues This Week

mjs: there are none
Items Closed Last Week

mjs: none

<mjs> rubys: I think you just muted me
Items Closing This Week

issue-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-128: Authors should be able to use where can be used - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: closed on December 8

issue-124?

<trackbot> ISSUE-124 -- nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on <link> -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/124

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-124: nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: alternate proposals due december 10

issue-130?

<trackbot> ISSUE-130 -- allow tables to be used for layout purposes -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/130

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-130: allow tables to be used for layout purposes - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: also due dec 10

issue-132?

<trackbot> ISSUE-132 -- Drop the color input type -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/132

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-132: Drop the color input type - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: also due dec 10

issue-133?

<trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-137?

<trackbot> ISSUE-137 -- Since Javascript does not support mode specifiers inside the regular expression, there is no simple way of matching a single word case-insensitively besides turning into [Ww][Oo][Rr][Dd] -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/137

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-137: Since Javascript does not support mode specifiers inside the regular expression, there is no simple way of matching a single word case-insensitively besides turning into [Ww][Oo][Rr][Dd] - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: above are all due december 10... for many we have not received a proposal. If you wish to make a proposal, please do so now.
... comments, questions?
Items Closing Next Week

mjs: none
... 118 survey will be covered later in the agenda
New Calls this week

mjs: lots, all due in January

issue-120?

<trackbot> ISSUE-120 -- Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/120

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-120: Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: raised against the RDFa spec

ISSUE-135?

<trackbot> ISSUE-135 -- put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/135

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-135: put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: there has been some discussion of this item on the list, and the recent update to the wiki may, for some people, be sufficient to resolve this issue

issue-139?

<trackbot> ISSUE-139 -- HTML5 spec mentions Microdata in Acknowledgements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/139

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-139: HTML5 spec mentions Microdata in Acknowledgements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

There is a micro data ack that appears in the html5 spec rather than the microdata spec

issue-140?

<trackbot> ISSUE-140 -- clarify the applicability of the term "conforming document" in cases where "applicable specifications" had been used to augment or change the base HTML5 specification -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/140

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-140: clarify the applicability of the term "conforming document" in cases where "applicable specifications" had been used to augment or change the base HTML5 specification - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: Noah described his concerns in the TPAC

issue-141?

<trackbot> ISSUE-141 -- Allow definition lists to markup dialogue -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/141

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-141: Allow definition lists to markup dialogue - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: was previously given as an example in HTML4

issue-143?

<trackbot> ISSUE-143 -- Remove the newly added "s" element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/143

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-143: Remove the newly added "s" element - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<paulc_> was dropped again

issue-129?

<trackbot> ISSUE-129 -- replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-129: replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: we have an initial proposal, and we are asking for defense of the status quo or for a new proposal
... any questions or comments?
New Surveys this week

issue-118?

<trackbot> ISSUE-118 -- Specification breaks semantics of existing link relations "index" and "first" -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/118

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-118: Specification breaks semantics of existing link relations "index" and "first" - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: I suggest looking at the survey
Decisions this week

issue-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97: Remove/Discard the Meter Element - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0056.html

<pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-97 meter from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-12-08 (public-html@w3.org from December 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: any questions?
New round of Working Drafts

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010OctDec/0019.html

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG Telecon 2010-12-09: status of actions, calls, new decisions from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-12-08 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from October to December 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: at this time, all pre-lc bugs have been addressed

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9452

<pimpbot> 119452: silviapfeiffer1, P2, ASSIGNED, 13Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource

mjs: the chairs plans to mark this as NEEDSINFO and TrackerRequest

paulc: I explained in the task force what we intend to do, and have already marked it as TrackerRequest
... I volunteered to attend the media subteam calls

mjs: I set the status to NEEDSINFO

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0056.html

<pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-97 meter from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-12-08 (public-html@w3.org from December 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

cynthia: where can I find decisions?

rubys: on the WG home page
Other Business

mjs: No telecons on December 23rd and December 30th.
... there will be a telecon on December 16, so only one more before the break
... other items?
Scribe for next meeting

mjs: any volunteers?

paulc: I will chair

mjs: I will scribe
Adjournment

mjs: see you all next week

<eliot> thank you!

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.135 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2010/12/09 17:29:32 $
________________________________




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Thursday, 16 December 2010 21:54:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC