W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2010

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:44:08 -0500
Message-ID: <4B4E0668.1000503@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
CC: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Matt Morgan-May <mattmay@adobe.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2010-01-14 for 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

      http://timeanddate.com/s/1j2y

Tokyo 02:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

0. Pick a scribe

1. Due and overdue action items:
     [ http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda ]

a) ISSUE-32 (table-summary): ACTION-167 on Cynthia Shelly.  (Defer 
discussion to TF agenda item)

b) ACTION-163 on Michael(tm) Smith: MediaWiki successor for current 
MoinMoin based wiki

c) ACTION-169 on Larry Masinter: Send an email to the dublin core group

d) ACTION-158 (deprecating element handler and role semantics via 
attributes) on Steve Faulkner

2. Review of newly submitted and revised Change Proposals:
     [http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html]

a) ISSUE-4 HTML-Versioning (continues to be updated)
b) ISSUE-31 missing-alt (also issue-80 title-alternative)
c) ISSUE-32 table-summary (request for revision)
d) ISSUE-83 (dt-dd-semantics) several

3. Review of Chair Calls for Proposals:
    [http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html]

Calls for volunteers:

a) ISSUE-89 idioms
b) ISSUE-90 figure
c) ISSUE-91 aside
d) ISSUE-92 cleanuptable
e) ISSUE-95 hidden

Calls for alternate or counter proposals:

a) ISSUE-1 PINGPOST
b) ISSUE-2 PINGUI
c) ISSUE-30 longdesc

Due to be closed tomorrow:

a) ISSUE-79 (meta-keywords)
b) ISSUE-84 (legacy doctypes)

Need affirmation that they these are continuing to be worked, and new 
(and realistic, and final dates):

a) ISSUE-66 (image-analysis) Matt May
b) ISSUE-74 (canvas-accessibility) Charles McCathieNevile
c) ISSUE-81 (representation-vs-resource) Roy Fielding
[ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0208.html ]

4. Review of Chair Calls for Consensus:
    [http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html]

Publish HTML Microdata as a FPWD does not yet have unanimity, and is 
actively being discussed on the mailing list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/thread.html#msg236

5. New issues this week:
     [http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/raised]

ISSUE-89 idioms
ISSUE-90 figure
ISSUE-91 aside
ISSUE-92 cleanuptable
ISSUE-93 details
ISSUE-94 webcoresplit
ISSUE-95 hidden
ISSUE-96 progress
ISSUE-97 meter

Given the number, the chairs with Shelley's concurrence have decided to 
stage the requests for proposals.

6. Status of Task Forces
a) HTML Accessibility Task Force
b) Testing Task Force

7. Heartbeat requirements
Discussion is proceeding on the mailing list on a number of documents:

 HTML5
 HTML+RDFa
 HTML5 Microdata
 HTML5 2D Context

The chairs would like to target 21 Jan for the submission of the request 
that to publish these documents.

8. Scribe for next meeting

9. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 13 January 2010 17:44:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC