W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2010

{minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:39:47 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F808496674@TK5EX14MBXC134.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes are available below and at http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html



- DRAFT -
HTML Weekly Teleconference
24 Jun 2010

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   ACTION items due by Thu Jun 24<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item01>
     *   Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 24)<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item02>
     *   New issues<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item03>
     *   New surveys<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item04>
     *   Task Force Reports<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item05>
     *   Any other Business<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item06>
     *   Next meeting<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item07>
     *   Adjournment<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#item08>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 24 June 2010

<Philip> taptapir: It'll only halt if you do lots and lots of computation in the script, or use alert or synchronous XMLHttpRequest etc

<taptapir> Philip: hmm that should work thanks

<Philip> taptapir: Hmm, if you want to continue discussion then I suggest #whatwg on Freenode since it'll get noisy in here for a bit

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10009] excellent thank you for all <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0351.html> 4** [Bug 10010] excellent!!! thank you for all <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0350.html> 4** [Bug 10010] New: excellent!!! thank you for all <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0349.html> 4** [Bug 10009] New: excellent thank you for all <11http://lis

<Mark> Mark Foladare (Mark) fro AT&T is on the phone

<scribe> scribe: paulc
ACTION items due by Thu Jun 24

No action items to discuss
Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 24)

<rubys> ISSUE-105?

issue-105?

<mjs> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

Status of 105: Objection from the Editor is being discussed.

The objection is being evaluated.

Janina: related to a proposal from Charles.
... Should I report on this now?
... A11Y TF made a proposal here which caused Charles to come forward.
... The TF recommends that this discussion be done in the WG decision process.
... It look like the people involved are working on another proposal which would include Charles's input.

No other discussion.

Issue-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This change proposal passed , the editor made a change not exactly matching the proposed change and the change was not made in the WHAT WG spec.

This is being discussed on the mailing list.

Issue is still Open until the WG decision is verified as being made.
New issues

None
New surveys

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-30-objection-poll/

There are 2 new surveys for Issue 30 and 88

Issue-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-88?

<trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/88

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-88 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-88-objection-poll/

Surveys opened June 23 and close on Wed Jun 30

No discussion.

Topic Workgroup decisions

Issues-93, 95, 96 and 97 are awaiting Chair decision. No progress to report.

Issue-93

Issue-93?

<trackbot> ISSUE-93 -- Delete Details Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/93

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-93 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-95?

<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-96?

<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

No discussion.

Topic Heartbeat WDs and First Public WDs

Target publication date is today (Jun 24) and alternate date is Mon Jun 28

We should be good to go today?

<rubys> MikeSmith?

MikeSmith: Are we good to go with the publications today?
Task Force Reports

A11Y TF report:

Janina: We discussed canvas-usemap earlier in the call (issue-105)
... ARIA mappings sub-group has provided the TF a report
... The recommendation is to re-write a complete section (3.2.4.6?)
... There is questiona about whether there should be individual bugs filed for each low level change in light of the desire to do a complete re-write

Correction: section number is 3.2.6

Janina: The TF feels there was little Accessibility expert input on this section and thus the desire to re-write the entire section.
... How do we do this in face of the current WG Decision Policy?
... A11Y TF is looking for guidance.

Sam: The minimum is at least one bug.

Maciej: I believe that 10 or 100's is required.

Correction: Maciej: I believe that 10 or 100 is NOT required.

<Laura> ISSUE-35: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35

<trackbot> ISSUE-35 Need to define processing requirements for aria states and properties when used in html notes added

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-35 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<Laura> ISSUE-14: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/14

<trackbot> ISSUE-14 Integration of WAI-ARIA roles into HTML5 notes added

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-14 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Janina: Issues 14 and 35 might be appropriate bugs to reference. They are closed.

Sam: Why cannot we start with new bugs?
... A single bug with the rationale for the entire re-write is the "minimum" required here.

Janina: Okay I will take this back to the TF.

Paul: We should be looking for the "minimum required to declare victory" AND to be in sync with the Decision Policy.

Janina: Working on media accessibility - the good news is that there appears to be more agreement than initially thought
... Very please with Media Group progress.
... Working on Drag and Drop
... Working on Access Key which is coming via PF WG.
... No ETA's on the Media Group, Drag and Drop or Access Key issue change proposals.

Sam: Any more discussion.

No more discussion

Testing TF report:

<krisk> Group Meets again on 6/29

Kris: more activity this month

<krisk> Philip Taylor will be submitting a very large set of canvas tests

<krisk> Microsoft has submitted a few batches of tests for Audio, Video, Canvas, XHTML5, getElementsByClassName and Selection

<krisk> I hope for more participation and feedback on submitted test

1 Approved test with no bugs

TF has about 200 and is expecting another 800 canvas tests RSN

<krisk> I hope for more participation and feedback on submitted test

Kris: Is hoping for more approved test in the future. We need feedback on the submitted tests.
Any other Business

issue-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Janina: Document exists, survey was run in TF, trying to revise document in TF
... There is effort to get agreement and the draft change proposal (V2) is being worked on.

<Laura> Media Accessibility Requirements Survey: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/44061/20080526_media-requirements/results

<pimpbot> Title: Results of Questionnaire Review of Media Accessibility Requirements - Web-Based Straw-poll and Balloting System (at www.w3.org)

Janina: ETA for V2 change proposal is mid-July.
... Early fall for a "recommendation".

Sam: Target date was May 27.

<Laura> Media Accessibility Requirements Draft: Media Accessibility Requirements

<Laura> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

<pimpbot> Title: Media Accessibility Requirements - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)

Janina: The May 27 date was for a Requirements document which was met.

Correction: references to "change proposal" should have been "requirements documents"

Janina: it is going to take several months to take the Requirements to one or more change proposals.

<rubys> issue-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Sam: What do we do with the status of Issue-9?

Janina: It need to stay open since we need to add spec material on media accessibility.

Sam: Any other discussion.

No more discussion.

Issue-27?

<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<Julian> Iana status: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010AprJun/0022.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27, was: Fwd: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports from Julian Reschke on 2010-06-23 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

Sam: On hold for a registry - past Apr 13 hold date.

Julian: IANA is a bit confused about the spec description of the registry.
... Not sure of this internal discussion but I suggest we test the registry once it is there.
... The document for the link relationship needs to be prepared.

Ian and Lief have volunteered to test the registry but we still need to have access to it.

<scribe> ACTION: on paulc to followup with Mark Nottingham about the status of the IANA registry needed for Issue-27 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on

<scribe> ACTION: paulc to followup with Mark Nottingham about the status of the IANA registry needed for Issue-27 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-182 - Followup with Mark Nottingham about the status of the IANA registry needed for Issue-27 [on Paul Cotton - due 2010-07-01].
Next meeting

<Julian> On the IANA registry: I believe this is currently being discussed between IANA and IESG; not sure what the current status is.

Sam and Paul give regrets for Jul 1 - Sam is travelling, Paul is celebrating Canada Day

<Julian> In any case, testing the registry will require a spec for a link relation, so I suggest those who want to test the registry to start preparing it.

Maciej will chair next week

Any volunteers to scribe?

No volunteers.

<Laura> bye
Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 12:42 ET

rssagent, generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: on paulc to followup with Mark Nottingham about the status of the IANA registry needed for Issue-27 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: paulc to followup with Mark Nottingham about the status of the IANA registry needed for Issue-27 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329





-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sam Ruby
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:19 PM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: Fwd: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports



resending...



-------- Original Message --------

Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys,

decisions, publication status, TF reports

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:52:31 -0400

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org



The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on

2010-06-24 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.



     http://timeanddate.com/s/1rtc



Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New

Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.



Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby

Scribe: Paul Cotton



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. ACTION items due by Thu Jun 24

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda



None.



2. Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 10)



ISSUE-105: canvas-usemap (objection received)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0542.html



An objection from Ian Hickson has been received.  It is being evaluated.

  Meanwhile, Ian has been asked to provide a Change Proposal.



ISSUE-107: plugin-fallback-example (adopted)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0562.html



The call for consensus has passed, and the editor has been asked to

update the document based on this proposal.



3. New Issues This Week:



None.



4. New Surveys this week



ISSUE-30: longdesc

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-30-objection-poll/



ISSUE-88: content-language-multiple

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-88-objection-poll/



Surveys start at midnight Wednesday 23rd EDT, and close at midnight

Wednesday 30th EDT.



5. Workgroup decisions



a) ISSUE-93 details

b) ISSUE-95 hidden

c) ISSUE-96 progress

d) ISSUE-97 meter



6. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts



New target date for publication is either Thursday, June 24th (at risk)

or Monday June 28th.  Discussions between Anne, Leif, and others

continue on how to best describe the differences in the <figure>

element.  Bugs have been opened:



http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9982

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9991



7. Task Force Reports



a) Accessibility Task Force

b) Testing Task Force



8. Other Business



ISSUE-9: video-accessibility; this has been on hold pending receipt of a

requirements document from the A11y TF.  What is the status of this

requirements document, and what are the appropriate next steps for the

WG to take?



ISSUE-27:rel-ownership: this has been on hold pending testing of the

IANA registry.  What is the current status of this registry, and what

are the appropriate next steps for the WG to take?



9. Scribe for next meeting



Volunteers?



10. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge

+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152

code: HTML (4865)



Supplementary IRC chat (logged)

#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Friday, 25 June 2010 15:40:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC