W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2010

minutes, 2010-05-13 HTML WG telcon

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:50:36 +0900
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-ID: <20100514085028.GA14885@sideshowbarker>
http://www.w3.org/2010/05/13-html-wg-minutes.html

   Present
          Laura, Matt, Janina, Radhika_Roy, MichaelCooper, RobEnnals,
          Cynthia, Julian, Philippe, KrisK, Adrian, Eliot, Sam,
          Gregory, MikeSmith

   Regrets
          Gregory_Rosmaita

   Chair
          mike

   Scribe
          rubys

Contents

     * Topics
         1. 1. ACTION items due by Thu May 13
         2. action items due by Thursday May 13
         3. 2. Issues with deadlines due by May 13
         4. 3. Items that close next week (by Thu May 20)
         5. 5. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus
            this Week
         6. 4. New Issues This Week:
         7. 6. WG Decision Policy update
         8. 8. Task Force Reports
         9. 7. Surveys
        10. testing task force
        11. 9. Other Business
        12. 10. Scribe for next meeting
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

1. ACTION items due by Thu May 13

action items due by Thursday May 13

   <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

   <pimpbot> Title: Input for Agenda Planning for the HTML Weekly -
   HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   action-178?

   <trackbot> ACTION-178 -- Philippe Le H¸«±garet to contact the various
   chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type --
   due 2010-04-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-178 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <MikeSmith> action-178 due in two weeks

   <trackbot> ACTION-178 Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to
   resolve the use of the text/html mime type due date now in two weeks

   plh: it is not clear to me that we have an issue, but I want to make
   sure that we don't have an issue

   <MikeSmith> action-178 due 2010-05-27

   <trackbot> ACTION-178 Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to
   resolve the use of the text/html mime type due date now 2010-05-27

2. Issues with deadlines due by May 13

   <MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

      http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

   mike: none
   ... I do see some overdue actions... skipping for now

3. Items that close next week (by Thu May 20)

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-89 idioms - Call for Counter-Proposals ends

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-92 cleanuptable - Call for Counter-Proposals ends

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-103 srcdoc-xml-escaping - Call for
   Counter-Proposals ends

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example - Call for
   Counter-Proposals ends

   <MikeSmith> issue-89?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without
   dedicated Elements -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <Julian> I don't see any counter proposals

   <MikeSmith>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1069.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1069.html

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 idioms - Chairs Solicit Alternate
   Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-21
   (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

   <Julian> according to
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

      http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

   mike: issue 89 call for counter proposals closes next week, if no
   counter proposals are received, the chairs will make a decision

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-92

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-92?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove
   extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <MikeSmith>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1072.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1072.html

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 cleanuptable - Chairs Solicit Alternate
   Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-21
   (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

   issue-92: same situation for this issue

   <trackbot> ISSUE-92 Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous
   material, and provide cleaner description notes added

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-103?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   julian: just waiting on it to proceed through the process

   mike: if anybody is interested in making counter proposals, you have
   one week left

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-107?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin
   usage -- OPEN

   <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   <MikeSmith>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1071.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1071.html

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example - Chairs Solicit
   Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on
   2010-04-21 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

   mike: I see some discussion, but no counter proposals
   ... ... you've got a week

5. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this Week

4. New Issues This Week:

   mike: no new issues
   ... no new calls for proposals or counter proposals

6. WG Decision Policy update

   <MikeSmith>
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html

      http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

   <MikeSmith> Editor's draft of decision-policy doc

      http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html

   <pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

   sam: I believe that everything is on track for an update to be done
   by the 15th

8. Task Force Reports

   janina: everything is on track. We expect to be delivering
   requirements by may 27th.
   ... we expect to providing deadlines for all items by may 27th
   ... there is no longer an objection to proceeding on issue-85
   ... we want something blocking last call, and cynthia has already
   reported bugs
   ... canvas is being held up awaiting input from developers, in
   particular from Apple. If feedback is not received, RichardS plans
   to proceed anyway.
   ... usemap is to be written up by Chaals, if we don't hear from
   Chaals we will proceed anyway.

   mike: anything else?

   janina: four separate teleconferences spun out, things are
   proceeding well

7. Surveys

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-66 image-analysis -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-66-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-66-objection-poll/

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-90 figure -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-90-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-90-objection-poll/

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-91 aside -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-91-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-91-objection-poll/

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-93 details -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-93-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-93-objection-poll/

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-95 hidden -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-95-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-95-objection-poll/

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-96 progress -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-96-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-96-objection-poll/

   <MikeSmith> ISSUE-97 meter -
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-97-objection-poll/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-97-objection-poll/

   mike: we have separate surveys for issues 90, 91, 93, 95, 96, 97.
   ... you are not obligated to comment; please follow the directions
   from the chairs when making comments

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0056.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0056.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Prep for Heartbeat Drafts from Sam Ruby on
   2010-05-05 (public-html@w3.org from May 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

   Rob Ennals: we are trying to determine what the objections are

   <Laura> No it was Cynthia.

   cynthia: if the change proposals capture the objection, there is no
   need to state an objection, right?

   mike: this process is not different from what was done with
   microdata
   ... the decision policy empowers the chairs to weigh the weight of
   the objections and to make a decision

   cynthia: the policy is confusing

   rob_ennals: the purpose of the survey is not to determine consensus

   cynthia: when do we do the other things

   sam: we are tying to avoid votes

   cynthia: I am going to simply fill in the form with which one I
   agree with and which ones I disagree with

   sam: I discourage Cynthia from stating which ones she agrees with

   rob ennals: we want new arguments

   <plh> q

   mike: the surveys are open (you have to authenticate)

testing task force

   <krisk> We have one approved test -
   http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/raw-file/tip/tests/approved/attribute
   s/anchor_href.htm

      http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/raw-file/tip/tests/approved/attributes/anchor_href.htm

   <pimpbot> Title: HTMLAnchorElement href Attribute Test (at
   dvcs.w3.org)

   <krisk> The test is a good example for tests that can run
   synchronously

   <krisk> The group will be creating some video tests

   <krisk> Which will spur a round of converstations about test harness
   requirements

   <krisk> Microsoft has submmitted tests for foreign content and will
   submit some more test for Selection and getElementsByClassName

   <krisk> The meeting schedule has been extended - same time/schedule

   <krisk> For more info see the wiki
   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing or the list
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010Ma
   y/

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010May/

   <pimpbot> Title: Testing - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

   mike: any questions?

   <krisk> plh is working on getting the approved tests from HG to
   tests.w.3.org/html5/

   plh: remember that we are not expecting to reach consensus, because
   of the loaded issues we're dealing with; what the chairs are
   attempting to do is identify the path that raises the least
   objection

   cynthia: thank you, that was much more clear

9. Other Business

   mike: hearing none, moving on...

10. Scribe for next meeting

   mike: volunteers?
   ... hearing none, adjourned...

   <MikeSmith> [adjourned]

   <MikeSmith> thanks to Sam for scribing

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________

-- 
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike
Received on Friday, 14 May 2010 08:50:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC