W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2009

[Minutes] HTML Weekly Teleconference 05 February 2009

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:43:01 -0500
Message-Id: <70F61E0E-0EF7-489F-B3C8-C1A0CDB8C234@la-grange.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org

These are the raw minutes of the HTML WG Weekly Teleconference on  
February 5, 2009
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes



HTML Weekly Teleconference 05 Feb 2009
Attendees

    Present
           Sam, Henri, Julian, Anne, MattMay, Lachlan
    Regrets
           DanC, MikeSmith
    Chair
           Sam Ruby
    Scribe
           Karl

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Spec moratorium
          2. [5]Joint Task Force ARIA UA
          3. [6]Issues List
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <DanC_lap> ah... thanks, Lachy ; missed that

    trackbot, start telcon

    <trackbot> Date: 05 February 2009

    <scribe> Scribe: Karl

    <scribe> ScribeNick: karl

Spec moratorium

    Sam: the moratorium is lifted, because discussions keep repeated.
    ... let's move on.

    <rubys1> [8]http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-ua-task-force

       [8] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-ua-task-force

    <pimpbot> Title: ARIA User Agent Implementation Task Force (at
    www.w3.org)

Joint Task Force ARIA UA

    Sam: Look at link. Just for notice, you might be interested

Issues List

    Sam: no progress on issue59
    ... let's talk about it next week
    ... on ISSUE-54 about legacy compat for doctype, can we close it?
    Ian made changes

    <Julian> [9]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54

       [9] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-54 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    aaaa: Can we put in on pending review?

    sam: Ok. Pending review
    ... for ISSUE-54
    ... We don't have a consensus on issue 64 (?)
    ... Some text has been crafted

    <anne> people, 64 is about web sockets...

    <anne> we're not talking about that

    <scribe> ACTION: Ian to incorporate the text proposed by Larry
    [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Ian

    <masinter> i hereby disclaim any copyright on the text supplied for
    incorporation in the spec

    Sam: Table summaries, table headers

    <masinter> in case that's an issue :)

    Sam: Do we have any updates on issue 20?
    ... no updates it seems

    fooo4: We are

    Gregory: Are we waiting for PF WG?
    ... I will ask on Friday if we have feedback on this?

    <oedipus> GJR gregory rosmaita

    <oedipus> ACTION: GJR inquire about table summary and headers status
    at PFWG caucus - 2009-12-02 [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-104 - Inquire about table summary and
    headers status at PFWG caucus - 2009-12-02 [on Gregory Rosmaita -
    due 2009-02-12].

    Sam: HTML5 Spec updates from Mike
    ... Mike is not on the call, let's pass
    ... Issue 4, the due date is one week from now.

    Larry: I'm still planning doing that

    Sam: Issue 27 for doug but he is not on the call
    ... issue 60 overdue for one week

    <oedipus> [12]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

      [12] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

    <pimpbot> Title: Input for Agenda Planning for the HTML Weekly -
    HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    Larry: I will do this

    <oedipus> [13]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/open

      [13] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/open

    <pimpbot> Title: Open Actions - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <oedipus> [14]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/overdue

      [14] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/overdue

    <pimpbot> Title: Overdue Actions - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    <oedipus>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/pendingreview

      [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/pendingreview

    Sam: Issue 66, for danc and me. Nothing much to talk about it on
    this call

    <pimpbot> Title: Pending review Actions - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
    www.w3.org)

    Sam: issue63 for March

    <oedipus> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

      [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    Sam: Could we put action-29 to me?

    <masinter> I agree

    Lachy: mecanthear

    ACTION-77?

    <trackbot> ACTION-77 -- Michael(tm) Smith to lead HTML WG to
    response to TAG discussion and report back to TAG -- due 2009-01-23
    -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/77

      [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/77

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-77 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <oedipus> sam, i updated action 29 so it has your name

    sam: nothing much on action-77

    ACTION-96?

    <trackbot> ACTION-96 -- Henri Sivonen to to ensure editor removes
    Origin header: from spec -- due 2009-03-16 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96

      [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <Lachy> I said: if the spec gets the MIT licence, or equivalent,
    then I can put the authoring guide under that too

    Larry: If we watch the discussion on http mailing list
    ... it seems there is a different direction being taken

    <masinter> the discussion on http-wg is open

    Larry: but still open

    <oedipus> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

      [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

    <Julian>
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2009JanMar/0036
    .html

      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2009JanMar/0036.html

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-72 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    ACTION-72?

    <trackbot> ACTION-72 -- Dan Connolly to propose to close this issue
    based on recent HTML 5 spec draft and test materials from WCAG 2 --
    due 2009-02-04 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

      [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/72

    <pimpbot> Title: The HTTP Origin Header (draft-abarth-origin) from
    Larry Masinter on 2009-01-22 (ietf-http-wg@w3.org from January to
    March 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

    <masinter> sorry discussion looks like it might lead to changing
    Referer rather than adding "Origin"

    <oedipus> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

      [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-99 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    ACTION-99?

    <trackbot> ACTION-99 -- Larry Masinter to review @profile due 2
    weeks -- due 2009-01-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

      [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/99

    <DanC_lap> action-72 due next week

    <trackbot> ACTION-72 propose to close this issue based on recent
    HTML 5 spec draft and test materials from WCAG 2 due date now next
    week

    <DanC_lap> sorry I didn't get it done this week

    Larry: I have reviewed it, so it should be closed
    ... the discussion is going on the mailing list

    <Julian>
    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0106.htm
    l

      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0106.html

    <Lachy>
    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0106.htm
    l

      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0106.html

    <pimpbot> Title: headprofile: another dropped attribute from Larry
    Masinter on 2009-02-05 (public-html@w3.org from February 2009) (at
    lists.w3.org)

    Sam: Let's close the action-99

    <oedipus> GJR: action 99 closed with reference to email and minutes

    Sam: change the action 99 owner: lachy

    <masinter> I still think the section should be removed pending a
    replacement

    Sam: due date march
    ... Action 98? anything to report

    MattMay: We met yesterday
    ... Our next meeting is in one week from now
    ... next thursday
    ... After HTML WG call

    <oedipus> sam, is this the action to reassign to lachy?
    [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/100

      [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/100

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-100 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <Lachy> oedipus, no

    sam: let's push the due date to the 19

    <oedipus> which?

    <Lachy> oedipus, ACTION-78

    <oedipus> thanks

    <oedipus> done

    sam: there is no other items overdue in the page
    ... anyone want to discuss something

    Larry: interested by issue66

    <Lachy> oedipus, [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/78 is
    still assigned to Larry

      [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/78

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-78 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <masinter> merge issue 66 with missing-alt

    ISSUE-66?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-66 -- image analysis heuristics -- RAISED

    <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66

      [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-66 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    ISSUE-31?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- What to do when a reasonable text equivalent
    is unknown/unavailable? -- RAISED

    <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

      [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

    <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-31 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    <oedipus> lachy, [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/78
    updated

      [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/78

    <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-78 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

    Larry: let's close issue66 and makeit a duplicate of issue 31

    sam: no objections?
    ... let's proceed

    <oedipus> lachy, you were given 2 extra weeks for action 78?

    sam: Anything to discuss?

    <Lachy> oedipus, yeah, the due date was meant to be changed to March

    <oedipus> ok

    MichaelC: boooo

    :)

    scribe: The task force is to work on specific mapping between ARIA
    and accessibility APIs

    <oedipus> lachy, changed date to march

    <masinter> is there an "issue" to agree to participate in the task
    force?

    scribe: We will produce deliverable for PF and HTML WG

    larry: It would be good if we could participate in this workshop
    ... we = html wg

    <masinter> good if we would explicitly agree to partcipate

    sam: some individuals
    ... some volunteers

    MichaelC: Yes that would be good. But that would not be a huge
    amount of time

    <oedipus> [31]http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5

      [31] http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5

    <pimpbot> Title: PF/XTech/HTML5 - ESW Wiki (at esw.w3.org)

    MichaelC: we would need at least one core wg member to participate
    ... it would be a series of teleconferences for a few months

    <oedipus> hsivonen, are you available to help?

    <Lachy> what's this task force for?

    <hsivonen> oedipus, not 4 hours per week as required

    <oedipus> hsivonen, understand

    <Lachy> is this about the ARIA task force?

    <oedipus> lachy, yes

    <oedipus> KD: trying to create an issue or action?

    <oedipus> SR: issue and action associated with it

    ISSUE: Will this HTML WG participate to the ARIA Task Force

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-68 - Will this HTML WG participate to the
    ARIA Task Force ; please complete additional details at
    [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/68/edit .

      [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/68/edit

    <scribe> ACTION: MichaelC to send an email to HTML WG for recruiting
    people for the ARIA Task Force [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - MichaelC

    <scribe> ACTION: cooper to send an email to HTML WG for recruiting
    people for the ARIA Task Force [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - cooper

    <hsivonen> I'm in q

    MichaelC: there is a desire from some implementers to do that under
    the patent policy.
    ... the task force will be opened to any participants of w3c wgs
    ... It will be easier for people to join html to be able to
    participate this wg

    hsivonen: listofnames

    sam: could you send the list of names to the mailing list?
    ... any topics? moving to adjourned?

    ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: cooper to send an email to HTML WG for recruiting
    people for the ARIA Task Force [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: GJR inquire about table summary and headers status at
    PFWG caucus - 2009-12-02 [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ian to incorporate the text proposed by Larry
    [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: MichaelC to send an email to HTML WG for recruiting
    people for the ARIA Task Force [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/05-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [39]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([40]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/02/05 17:36:55 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/




-- 
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada
http://twitter.com/karlpro
Received on Thursday, 5 February 2009 17:43:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC