Re: .asis support?

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013, at 0:00, Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote:
> > We're planning to use .headers[1] files for this with an HTTP header-like syntax.
>
> OK - glad there is a plan, but.. is this a feature that servers support
> more or less out of the box? I'm running servers on localhost (including
> PHP / Python modules) to test test cases locally. If you opt to support
> .asis files I know how to enable mod_asis in Apache, but I've no idea how
> to make it serve file.html with the file.html.headers headers. Googling
> "headers file Apache" or "headers file http server" doesn't teach me
> anything.
> Why not use .asis?

But files will be run through wptserve, not only for local testing, but
also at the server-level. So whatever wptserve supports should work
anyway.

Have you tried wptserve? It's quite awesome imho. Much better than all
that Apache + PHP crap. No more setup for new computers! :D

I've neglected to do some test fixes for SSE for /ages/ because the
initial setup cost is _something_ rather than nothing. Yes, it's not
hard to set up apache et al, but it's so much easier to just "python
serve.py". :)

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com