Re: Starting a test suite for Web Audio

James Graham writes:
> To be clear about this, there is nothing that stops you/people in your
> wg submitting PRs to web-platform-tests and having the policy that only
> other WG members should review things in the webaudio folder for now.
> That does have a number of advantages; e.g. your tests (including those
> in unaccepted pull requests) will automatically be mirrored on
> w3c-test.org so that people can run them without a local checkout. There
> is also an instance of the critic code review tool set up for the main
> web-platform-tests repository, and this would allow people in your wg to
> get notified of changes/submissions for webaudio tests alone (using the
> filter system). Using this location also makes it more likely that
> people familiar with the infrastructure will comment on whether you are
> following common idioms with testharness.js or idlharness.js.

Ah! Thank you that makes a lot of sense now! I think that is what I'm
primarily concerned about - that tests need to be written with the spec
in mind, and as our spec is a moving target at the moment I'd hate for
someone at a hackathon to spend a lot of time writing tests for an
obsolete bit of the spec, for example.

I think if we can have a policy/tools that help audio wg members review
PRs to w3c/web-platform-tests that will be perfect!

Where is the critic code review tool?

> On the other hand I don't really object if you iterate the testsuite in
> another location at first and then make a submission later. But it does
> mean that you will have worse tooling and could lead to unnecessary work
> later on.

I think we just need to nail down which of our alternatives to use to
actually test audio generation, and then I'll send a pull request, close
down our "fork" and let people know how to contribute moving forward.

Cheers,

Chris

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in