Re: Marking non-automated tests

On 06/02/2013 23:36 , Kris Krueger wrote:
> We've discussed adding meta-data to the list a few times....each time
> we have decided this was not a good option to pursue.

To what list? Do you have pointers to the arguments? I can't seem to
find them in the archives.

> I'd suggest that we have a text file (format/file type is not a
> concern of mine) that holds this 'meta data' and other metadata (for
> example test is approved).

I would really rather not. Metadata capture should be designed in such a
way that it ensures in as much as possible that it won't go out of date.
External authoritative metadata such as in a text file is guaranteed to
break. That's why I proposed inlining it (in the most lightweight manner
I could think of).

Another option is to capture that in file names (if there's ".manual."
in the file name, then it's manual).

Finally, we don't need metadata to mark a test as approved. Anything
that's in the suite is approved since submissions are in pull requests.