Re: Migrate your submissions

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, David Carlisle wrote:

> On 20/12/2012 17:35, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> if you've made a test submission that has not been processed in the
>> past, please read this.
>>
>> I've done a lot of migrating submissions into pull requests today.
>> This includes the following:
>>
>> DavidCarlisle
>

> Thanks.
>
> I originally made a couple of "test" submissions for mathml
> support, for parsing and for a minimal rendering tests (just checking
> that the rendering was different from <span> more or less.
>
> The parsing tests were approved, the rendering tests were (not
> unreasonably) held up as it wasn't clear what the process should be for
> rendering tests (despite the fact that the foreign-content tests that
> were originally approved had several visual svg rendering tests).
>
> It would be good to get more tests in but is the policy any clearer now?
>
> Are tests of rendering allowed? If so is there a specific part of the
> test suite for them?

Tests for rendering are allowed. Assuming the use of javascript for the
tests is impossible or very undesirable, reftests are strongly preferred
(rendering tests MUST be reftests where possible, if you will). I don't
recall if this was a problem with your submission, but tests, especially
those that cannot be tested automatically, must have a clear pass
condition so that they can be run by someone with no knowledge of the
technology under test in a few seconds per test.