From: James Graham [mailto:jgraham@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:11 AM
To: Anne van Kesteren
Cc: Kris Krueger; Philippe Le Hegaret; public-html-testsuite@w3.org
Subject: Re: div id="log"

> On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:01:57 +0200, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
>> one possible improvement:
>>
>> instead of having maintain the list of tests that are automatic and
>> not, why don't you check for id="log" instead? ie, if there is an
>> element with id="log" in the test then, it's automatic, otherwise, it's not.
>
> Even better is probably all tests that include a reference to
> testharness.js.

Best of all would be all tests :)

Checking for something exposed on the window object seems better than inspecting the DOM. For example if one finds add_completion_callback then it is clearly an automated test. There is the question of what to do for e.g. the <canvas> tests that use a different harness.