From: Matthew Gregan [mailto:kinetik@flim.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:37 PM
To: Kris Krueger
Subject: Re: Canvas, Audio, Video Test Submission

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the tests.  I've run through all of the video tests with a nightly Firefox build and made sure we had bugs filed for any that failed.

One problem I ran into with the video tests is that they use user agent sniffing to determine the video format to use for the tests.  This means that regular Firefox nightly builds fail most of the tests as it deliberately uses a non-Firefox user agent to catch problems like this.

I think the best way to solve this problem would be to modify the tests to use canPlayType to determine an appropriate video format to use for the user agent under test.

Thanks,
-mjg

--
Matthew Gregan                     |/