Re: Audio Files for Testing (thanks phl!)

On Jun 17, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 18:59 +0000, Kris Krueger wrote:
>> Actually we also need another file type - AAC in a MP3 container.
>> Philippe I can convert the wav and send you this file format if it helps.
>
> I don't seem to be able to encapsulate aac in an mp3 container. So yes,
> I'd appreciate if you can send me this file format.

I don't think there is such a thing as an MP3 container. MP3 is a codec (technically MPEG-2 Audio Layer 3), not a container format. MPEG-4 AAC audio is conventionally served in an MPEG-4 container. You might be able to put it in an MPEG-2 container instead (to match MP3), but I am not sure that is a sensible or useful configuration.

Regards,
Maciej