Re: Bopomofo ruby use cases

On Mon, Dec 20 2010 02:50:53 +0000, koansin.tan@gmail.com wrote:
> Bopomofo usages:
> 1. As Kenny said in our previous mails, Bopomofo is taught in grade schools
>    in Taiwan. Although there is a "standard" from the Ministry of
> Education (MOE)

Based on that hint, I found "Online Reference Materials by the National
Languages Committee, Ministry of Education, R.O.C" [1], which has a link
to "Handbook of Bopomofo Symbols" [2].  Most of that is beyond my
understanding, but it does have interesting pages about the mechanics of
placing bopomofo, e.g., [3][4].

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://english.moe.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=9364&ctNode=424&mp=3
[2] http://www.edu.tw/files/site_content/M0001/juyin/index.htm
[3] http://www.edu.tw/files/site_content/M0001/juyin/hb98.htm?open
[4] http://www.edu.tw/files/site_content/M0001/juyin/jb98.htm?open