Re: Multiple itemtypes in microdata

On 18 Oct 2011, at 07:29, Ian Hickson wrote:
> These use cases aren't very compelling. It's hard for me to understand why
> we would need to mark up a single item as being two incompatible types
> when there's not really a compelling case for there even being one type.

I suspect that publishers are marking up their data in these ways because it costs them very little to do so -- certainly less than supporting a separate API -- and they want to provide information for *potential* consumers, not just existing ones. It's an "if we build it they will come" attitude.

Anyway, we will document the workarounds for expressing multiple item types from different vocabularies in microdata just in case a publisher with that attitude wants to use microdata.

Cheers,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison