Re: Draft Note for HTML WG

My 2 cents:

I'd say that microdata support for multiple types from different vocabularies is something we should be pursuing (or at least, someone should!) primarily because schema.org doesn't seem to be stable yet.

My understanding is that schema.org's vocabulary is evolving and iterating (though I can't cite this;  I've just tried to search for "schema.org" on Google News, and every bit of markup in the most recent articles are flooding the search results!).  But assuming that is indeed the case, support for multiple types on one entity will help accommodate any transition processes (especially from an existing vocabulary to schema.org's, which could be bumpy as it grows).  It should also help microdata users minimise the amount of disruption they face as this happens.

And that doesn't even take into account the fact that the variety of vocabularies we have accommodate different meanings, semantic relationships, and topics;  I think limiting microdata users to one vocabulary severely restricts their ability to make markup work for them.

So I'm in favour of an effort around that (wherever it best sits).  Beyond that, the note looks good to me.

Cheers,

    Hadley

Hadley Beeman
LinkedGov