Re: HTML Data Guide draft

Looks good Jeni. Do we want to mention Turtle in HTML at all?

Regarding <time> element value range in RDFa. Note that the current resolution of the WG [1] is to accept datatype ranges described in the HTML5 document where they match XSD; this would go in the html+rdfa spec, which is on a different publication timeline than rdfa-core and xhtml+rdfa. Presently, this includes xsd:date, xsd:dateTime, xsd:time, xsd:duration, xsd:gYear, and xsd:gYearMonth. The value can be expressed either using the @datetime attribute or the element's value, but must be a complete lexical match, including possible whitespace, otherwise a plain literal is generated.

The use of @resource within RDFa Lite is still under discussion. My view is that it should be added, and possibly replace @about. Manu feels that @about was long considered and conveys more inherent semantic meaning than @resource. The current draft of RDFa Lite 1.1 discusses this and solicits feedback on the topic.

RDFa Core 1.1 and HTML+RDFa define just three link relations: describedby, license and role. XHTML+RDFa has the existing step.

One thing I would suggest as a best practice for authors is that the encorporate a data round-tripping step when testing, to ensure that the data extracted from the page matches the data used to create it. For example, if data is modeled using Turtle, this can be used through a template-based writer to create the HTML markup. This should then be distilled back to RDF to ensure that the two reasonably match. The same process can be done for JSON-based representations.

Gregg

[1] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/meetings/2011-11-17#resolution_1