Re: <code> element and scripting languages

Hi Gannon, glad to receive your reply!
Now I understand better what you meant with your mail from some years ago
(before the weekend if I'm correct ;) )
But still, does it affect private use subtags? I mean, aren't those rules
the ones which apply on 2- and 3-letters primary language subtag?
I know that I can't propose a language like, for example, cod-PHP as if it
were en-US, because such use is incorrect. But what about x-singleton
subtags? Would x-php be in conflict with the spec? or en-US-x-php? For what
I see, some sites use such syntax. If you look at source code of html spec,
you'll see that the language is... en-US-x-hixie. "x-hixie" is a private
use subtag and it works on a private agreement. BCP-47 says that the
language could also be just x-hixie.
Does this bring to validity issues? Would x-jscript or x-css or x-html be
incorrect? Note that I mean as I write. "x" singleton (which cannot be used
in extension subtags) followed by hyphen, followed by 1-8 letters or digits.