Re: Offline Web applications - master entry makes AppCache useless !

On 15/01/2014 03:43 , Mihai - Epek wrote:
> The  'master entry'  makes AppCache useless.  Is there any chance to
> fix the specs ? Why on earth you would force anyone to cache a file
> you ( as developer )  doesn't want to cache ?

AppCache as a whole is by and large a useless misfeature, we're mostly
keeping it in the spec because it is implemented and therefore part of
the platform.

A replacement solution called Service Workers is under way. We apologise
for the inconvenience.