Re: HTML Tag of INPUT

Chih-Jen Wu,

Check out http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/the-input-element.html#attr-input-type

This portion of the spec, while being a work in progress, is already
implemented by many major user agents. In my tests with stock Andriod and
iPhone systems I have not encountered a version that has not already
implemented this portion of the spec, properly driving the mode of the soft
keyboard as expected. If you are finding that your testing environment does
not have a browser that implements the "number" input type, I suggest your
user agent is seriously out-of-date, or obscure -- most vendors have been
pretty (overly?) eager to implement these specifications while they're
still hot off the press, or still on the press as it were.