Re: Image width specification in html5

Hi Mike:

In the subsequent exchange of emails on this topic no-one has taken up
your particular point here.

If you have an image of (say) 4x3 configuration I(which is fairly
common) and you subsequently enter both width and height attributes as
="75%" as in your example you will get a cockup, as you point out. The
trouble is that you will achieve exactly the same cockup if you enter
both width and height attributes as ="600". In both cases, achieving
correct rendering necessitates specification of only one attribute. In
other words there is no difference between them so there is no
justification for deprecating one and not the other. On the other hand,
if you wish to justify deprecating one of them, there is a better
rationale for keeping %s, because that does maintain correct rendering
in all display sizes - absolute values don't.

Regards

David