Status of longdesc (was: uneven handling of issues)

On 11/19/2011 12:03 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:

> According to the Change Proposal Status page [1] the HTML Chairs are
> evaluating change proposals. My "Include longdesc in HTML5  proposal
> has been ready for the HTMLWG objection survey since last May when the
> accessibility task force endorsed it. It will be good to get Issue 30
> decided. We have been waiting a very long time.

If you check with Janina and Foliot, they will confirm that they had
asked that this not proceed until they felt the proposal was ready.  We
recently got confirmation from them that they felt it was ready to proceed.

This was a topic of this week's telecon, where we laid out what the next
steps will be:

   http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-html-wg-minutes.html#item10

Here is an example of such feedback, which was provided on one of the
three longdesc proposals:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Aug/0367.html

I will confirm that we have a first draft of feedback to a second of
these proposals.  Unfortunately, this week Maciej has been under the
weather.  Next week is a holiday week.  I can' provide a firm date as to
when it will be sent to the list.

However, I will state that that review of of Jonas's proposal.  Your
proposal, due to its length, may take a bit longer.

> Best Regards,
> Laura
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-030

- Sam Ruby