Re: PUT and DELETE methods in form@method

On 30.03.2011 14:47, T.J. Crowder wrote:
> But are those RESTful implementations using PUT and DELETE *with HTML
> forms*?
It depends. There aren't any implementations using method="put" because
there aren't any web browser that support it. But of course there are a
lot of frameworks that could support this case, e.g. Limonade [1] or
Sinatra [2].

> That's the crux of the matter as far as I can tell in the bug
> report. With a non-ajax HTML form, the form submission results in the
> response page being shown in the browser. Servers reply to these HTTP
> methods with little or no response body showing the end user what
> happened (as the status -- 201, etc. -- is sufficient). That leaves the
> question of what the browser should show the user and whether that
> should be mandated by the HTML specification.
It could be supported in the same way as POST: 200 OK (describing or
containing the result of the action). HTTP in PUT and DELETE allowed 200
if an existing resource is modified in PUT or if it is a successful
response (and it is consistent with the approach RESTful).

Regards,
Dominik