Re: HTML5 comment

  On 10/11/10 1:46 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, heikki saha wrote:
>> I read through the draft of HTML5 and was surprised of that
>> frames will be deprecated.
> Frames were deprecated in 1998 in HTML4. HTML5 does not change anything on
> this front.

They don't show as deprecated in the HTML 4.01 specification[1]. Were
you thinking of another spec?

A better approach would have been to deprecate them in HTML5, to give
those people who have used frames, such as heikki saha, a chance to
transition away from frames. Then they could be made obsolete in a
future version of HTML.

Shelley

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/index/elements.html