Re: Question about HTML5 and how it is implemented worldwide

Hello Derek,

HTML5 is a* specification*, or a set of specifications, depending on your
viewpoint. It is not an *implementation*.

The specifications will be ( / are being / have been to some extent)
implemented by *vendors*. In this case, the vendors will be folks providing
web browsers, so we're talking about Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera,
Apple, etc., etc. Some parts of HTML5 "merely" standardize things that the
vendors have already done; other parts of HTML5 are new and will need to be
implemented. The extent to which aspects of HTML5 are actually implemented
will vary by vendor. The good news is that the the vendors creating browsers
are actively involved in the specification effort, which is a big change
from some years ago.

So answering your question: The W3C and the HTML5 working group don't/won't
actually create implementations at all (although some of the people
participating may *also* work for a vendor and may implement things for that
vendor), vendors will/do.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Best,
--