Re: Comments on HTML Microdata, W3C Working Draft 24 June 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Nathan wrote:

> > It may be that microdata is not designed for the same use cases that
> > you are interested in, in which case it would make sense that you
> > would have a different point of view on this.
>
> Great, and hopefully my point of view and use-cases for using open, well
> defined vocabularies, such as dublin core and the various vocabs on
> w3.org, will be just as valid as your own and those previously tested?

Describe the use case you are interested in dealing with (that is, the
_user_ problem that you need HTML to solve), and I'll be happy to take it
into account.

The use cases that drove microdata's design are listed in the e-mails that
are listed in this e-mail:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0207.html

If you could describe your use case in a similar manner (without
referencing your preferred solution) that would be most helpful.