Re: volunteering for change proposal for issue 117

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 19:52 -0500, Shelley Powers wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:

> >> Is this a requirement? I can understand that it is simpler to only have
> >> members propose change proposals--they need to be shepherded through the
> >> decision process. I can withhold my submission for a time to see if
> >> others volunteer.
> >
> > Being a member involves some binding obligations involving IP rights
> > to the contributions you make.  Agreeing to those terms is not optional.
> >
> > - Sam Ruby
> >
> I am assuming there is a form or some such thing I can agree to, if
> that's the only concern.

The form in the case is contained within the invited expert application.

> People outside the group do file bugs. They need to have the ability to
> pursue the bug if they're unhappy with the resolution.

It's one thing to file bugs against a specification and expressed
whether or not you agree with the decision of the group. It's an other
to contribute to the group to the point of writing change proposals.

Shelley, I understand your reluctance to be part of the group but, if
you're going to be involved with it, I think you should be part of it.
We won't (and can't anyway) force you to read every single email on
public-html and you might in fact only interact around your change
proposals. But starting to write change proposals without being part of
the group doesn't make sense to me,

Philippe