Re: Valid characters for the name attribute

Hi,

On 12 April 2010 07:57, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

>  FWIW, HTML4 does not use the NAME token forn name="".

>  <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-name-INPUT>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-name-INPUT

Crikey. Someone once pointed me at this[1] in the context of saying that a
form control name in something we were talking about was invalid, and I have
been reading right past the word "token" in it ever since, although I do
remember wondering why `id` was called out as being "name" when `name` was
called out as "cdata". (At least this explains how the PHP crowd have gotten
away with square brackets for so long...)

Thanks,

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-name
--
T.J. Crowder